Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Not Sean Connery!!!

deleted for privacy reasons

What a scary world. Dā€™s client is currently crippled due to a cyberattack. Next door neighbor was supposed to start in-school learning Monday, but thatā€™s on hold due to a cyberattack. I would much prefer that politicians spend time working on real problems like this, rather than spending time trying to figure out ways to divide us into two camps.

And that list? I am reminded of a list someone else made, years ago. Has history taught us nothing?

Dear friend: We will stop by at your ā€œoutside by the firepitā€ Halloween party (that you told us was going to be the table of folks who sat together at your DDs wedding, but instead its a few strangersā€¦ okā€¦ ) and even though we arenā€™t big ā€œput on a costume and play party gamesā€ kind of folks, we will be good sports and do so. But you also instructed us to bring jokes to tell, but: No off-color jokes, no military jokes b/c your H has some, no religious jokes b/c those strangers you invited are a different religion. Am thinking the only joke is thinking we can manage with this long list of rules. How about we just skip the jokes?

I agree that SAT and other standardized tests do not gauge a whole person and their influence should be diminished-
-BUT-
Please not until my HS senior gets into college!

Where was the Secret Service? Crazy.

Why wait until the last minute???

On the FAFSA govt website:

Planned Maintenance
You will be unable to log in or create an account (FSA ID) from 11:00 a.m. Eastern time (ET) on Sunday, November 1st, until 11:00 a.m. ET on Sunday, October 25th. Thank you for your patience.

Really??? You plan maintenance for the day that so many ED applications are due?

Also - while I sometimes wish we could go back in time, it would be a lot further back than last Sunday.

I am not a fan of offering paid advice on CC. Call me old fashioned, I guess.

You asked what I needed/wanted from the store. I gave one item, full name, where it can be found in the store and you came home without it? Do some people think it counts when you ask?

Starting to feel sick.

Also feel sick , worried, and also infuriated by what Iā€™m seeing.

It may be OK to have a ā€œtrainā€ of supporters driving around the DC beltway with big ole flags showing their support, including traffic problems, but I deem it plain old stupid for a person to be standing up through the sunroof on the beltway.

After looking at my health insurance premium increase for next year, I may be uninsured for the first time in my adult life! Thatā€™s ok. I never go to the doctor, donā€™t take any prescriptions, and I havenā€™t met my deductible since 1991 when it was $250!

Feeling pretty shamelessly smug. Upon seeing the obvious typo on his Facebook post, I quickly sent a message to my Pulitzer Prize-winning friend alerting him to his error. Hey - typos happen to the best of us. I have typos all the time on here, and I hate that I only have fifteen minutes to correct them. No way he intended to write, ā€œIā€™ve becAmeā€¦ā€ ???

He was deeply appreciative that I alerted him so he could edit and corrrect his error before anyone had the opporutnity to share his post. ?

I hate the time change.

I predict this topic will see record high post counts over the next 5 daysā€¦

Inconsistency is so frustrating. If you are going to have a policy- stick to it.

In the past couple of weeks I have learned two friends have turned their backs on what they know to be true.

I know, I KNOWā€¦I get itā€¦if you donā€™t get your way there will be mayhem and destruction.