Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

I can’t wait for you to get off the senior apartment waiting list and move out of your 60-year-old house. I cannot maintain mine and yours both. And why do you never ask my two brothers, who also live locally, to do anything? It’s a good thing I’m handy.

Don’t forget the Super Blood Wolf Moon lunar eclipse that is happening now!

Unbelievable. A lunar eclipse AND clear skies in Seattle?! And we don’t have to wake up at 2 am to watch it?! I need to pinch myself to make sure this is for real.

^Same here. Clear skies and great viewing in LA. All we had to do was step outside…

It probably wasn’t such a good idea to have that extra latte at 3:00 today (she says while surfing the web at 1:40 am)

We stepped outside to catch glimpses, but honestly, -12 with the wind chill dampened our enthusiasm a little bit. Still… we saw it, so can check the box.

In all honestly, it didn’t hold a candle to seeing the solar eclipse in person at Clemson in 2017. That was awesome and has us planning to catch every solar eclipse we can in the future.

So… new blood numbers drawn this morning and no results until tonight or tomorrow. I’m pretty sure the small print says one can indulge in any foods they want without guilt in the meantime, so the country fried steak/eggs/hashbrowns for breakfast and the Mt Dew as a treat with lunch should all be good! Gotta plot supper yet. :wink:

Real life will resume tomorrow.

I forgot to look at the eclipse last night even though I thought of it in the afternoon. So mad at myself!

A dozen years ago I adopted an easier text for an online class I teach based on a popular software program. Initially, the students zipped through the assignments, sometimes finishing all the work for a 16 week class in a month or less. Now the book is better with more detailed instructions and the students are worse. Their reading comprehension is sad and I have spent much of my weekend and “holiday” answering questions from people of all ages who can’t follow directions without having their hand held. It’s a good thing I can count my remaining semesters to retirement on one hand (fingers crossed that markets don’t crash and make that statement invalid).

Oh well, I tried to like the NFL again, I tried. Like Top Chef, it will stay in the dustbin.

“All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others…”

There was a reason I didn’t want to visit. Your behavior this evening truly confirms that reluctance. I can’t stay silent as you insult my sons.

That was so not funny I don’t know where to begin.

It’s a Brave New World.

Ok, enough already. First the oil burner went last week $1000, then I slid back into a tree and dented the car and bumper, have no idea what that’s going to cost and it has to be fixed, its a lease, the microwave died last night, and now I can’t get the heat over 60, although there is heat coming from the registers. Too much at the same time. Keep telling myself to soldier on…one foot in front of the other.

Ok…so the pay period ended January 15…and it’s going to take you until January 25 to issue me a pay check? Really?

Book/movie teenagers are so hyper-competent that I sometimes forget that even smart kids with good executive functioning are sometimes like turkeys staring up into the rain when faced with an utterly unfamiliar situation in front of their peers.

Note to self: if one doesn’t want frozen pipes, one shouldn’t forget to close the garage door on the coldest night of the year.

When you are trying to be good about NOT snacking and your co-worker nearby is crunching on potato chips for the last 30 minutes…

On a personal level, I guess I’m in big arse trouble. My kids’ tell my my normal resting face is exudes an ‘I want to speak to the manager, NOW’ attitude. Guess that’s what happens with age. Better not let myself get videoed in any situation where my ‘manager Now’ face could be interpreted as aggressive, ‘istish’ rude or denigrating. Dang, it’s a complicated world.

10…