Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

Speaking of suggestions, an “ignore thread” button would work much better than my own memory / self-control.

Not sure where this is headed but it is great to see you making your own decisions.

Don’t ask for my opinion, then roll your eyes. That makes my blood boil.

I am surprised by how my uncle got married to such a dull woman…

I can’t stand when CCers and actually anyone uses the word “kiddo.” It’s like nails on a chalkboard. It’s not cute, it’s just ugh. Similar to when out of towners call SF “Frisco.” Double ugh.

Two people on that board are driving me absolutely crazy. One responds rudely to every single newcomer with a question"We are not doctors…talk to your doctor." Then why in doG’s name do we have a DISCUSSION BOARD?? And why are YOU on it? The other one inevitably tells every single person NOT to google anything about their symptoms or condition, but just listen to your doctor…when the person is trying to figure out whether they actually NEED to go to the doctor. Newsflash: an informed patient is an empowered patient. Good doctors actually LIKE them!

ARGHH!!

Waiting out chemo side effects again… mom, I love you and I wish life were different. Since you’re tired of hearing me say it, I’ll say it again here.

Wow… Note to self:

Be sure to teach teens that it’s absolutely NOT ok to let yourself in to someone’s house just because you’re friends with their teen (aka no one/adult gave you permission). Should you opt to do it anyway, it’s super NOT OKAY to go into the parent’s bedroom if they aren’t up yet to ask if their teen is available.

I’ll admit I’d have thought this was common sense to a neurotypical teenager, but apparently not to all. I’d have been beyond livid.

15 minutes of our time and $50 bucks plus yucky stench of gasoline is why I love our EV.

I don’t know how many other ways I (and others) can tell and show you that if you want this, you have to work for it, and you have to work hard. It is not going to come to you because you’re pretty good at [this ability], because you’ll be a senior who has been in [the levels leading up to this], because you’re a nice kid who helps others, or just because you’ve been wishing for it for a long time.

Nor should it.

And the truth is, it may not even come to you if you knock yourself out working for it, because just as with any other audition, some intangibles will come into play for the final choices. But it for damn sure is NOT going to come to you if you don’t step it up.

Some students really need a gap year to mature. Parents should support that.

It fascinates me that the same folks can brag regardless of the thread topic. I mean, it really is amazing. Tell me one more time about your top 1% kid, who is also well adjusted and humble.

I responded to your email question immediately last week. And today, 5 days later, on a Sunday night, you get back to me. And you wonder why, coupled with the fact that you are seriously out of compliance with your contracted payment schedule (and you are still way behind in reimbursements), I have declined your last 2 referrals.

Not sure how this happened. The weight of the heavy snow on my power lines ripped off the piece of house trim they were all attached to. We have power, and a piece of trim hanging off the side of the house. Crazy.

Nothing like driving home in 3 hrs worth of tornado warning alerts on the radio. If we would’ve left 15 minutes later, we’d have been in the middle of it and searching for shelter.

Why does every CC discussion on college policies have to end up in a debate about what Harvard does? It’s one university among thousands, folks. One.

Working from home during snowstorms is so nice. :slight_smile:

doG, I hate the Army. Buck up, son. Less than three months until at least this part of the suck ends.

Kid, from one week to the next I am totally unsure if you will be a healthy self-sufficient person or not. It’s got me rattled.

8 hours changing adult diapers of someone with C-dif sucks. The relief caregiver not making it in so you have to stay and work the night shift REALLY sucks.