Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

43 Mondays to retirement.

People (aka my wife) who wonder why would an adult spend so much time on CC — has clearly never spent any time in the parents cafe. Period.

:-h

Entitlement will be the downfall of society.

I love making brisket for our friends. They appreciate it so much and that truly makes me happy.

Ventured out to see Ali Wong by myself. So much easier than going places alone at 21! (last time I did so)
If you have never gone to dinner or a movie or concert by yourself–try it–it is empowering.
I know many have for travel but many never have done so.

Stay off your phone and keep your unruly dog under control—I didn’t appreciate having your dog attack mine and then knocking me over!! Falling on the sidewalk isn’t fun. Luckily, I am fine—although you wouldn’t know since you walked away and didn’t even check to see if I was OK. There were several people who helped me gather my computer and other belongs—thank you to them. There are a few good people around.

She needs to decide by tomorrow. Send the letter already!

I really really really need a vacation all by myself right now. Would love to throw a dart at a map of the USA and just go to wherever that dart lands. Stay for a few days, bum around, talk to some strangers, chill out, and then come back. My batteries are in need of recharging!!

Interviewing for a new job is so stressful. And salary negotiations - -GAH! It shouldn’t be this hard. It’s a good problem to have but my blood pressure has been going through the roof!

Maybe this is too braggy, but I’m posting here instead of the brag thread
D just called to thank me for being such a great mother and for giving her an amazing childhood. My heart is full.

One more big thing to add to the stressful plate

My beloved dog is acting strangely. Vet appt. tomorrow morning. Please don’t be anything serious & life-threatening. He is my best buddy!

I feel the tension building for students and parents, as decision season begins anew.

I wish everyone the absolute best!

You can always tell it’s closing in when the fa portal change/changed back/changed again and font size/page orientation threads start to explode.

Such a stressful time.

Would it kill you to take the time to put the recyclables neatly in the bins so half of them don’t fall out (that I then have to clean up), leaving room for more?

Apparently it would.

Of course you’re going to Tuscany in September! We’re going to England, so you pretty much have to. Just like you remodeled your living room as soon as you found out we were tearing out our kitchen. At least I know you’re spending plenty of money.

Not personally liking me and disagreeing with how I did my job is one thing. However, suggesting I did something to sabotage my former work place is going way too far. I handled being fired impeccably - didn’t enter into any discussions about why, left the building immediately, returned every single thing that didn’t belong to me, forwarded every work email that you would need, continued checking and forwarding these emails so you wouldn’t miss out on anything, etc. I am sure you regularly bad-mouthed me while I was there, but maligning me after I am gone and questioning my integrity makes me furious! I will never step foot in that building again and I will never answer another question about stuff for anybody who works there again. I don’t like to burn bridges but sometimes the bridge gets burnt form the other side!

In the past year - less than a year - we’ve lost my nephew, both of my in-laws, and a very good old friend. That’s enough for a while, mmkay?

I had no idea we had a princess on staff. ?

That’s more pricey than I thought it would be. Not looking forward to the push-and-pull between DH’s not wanting to spend that much and future in-laws probable reckoning that whatever we do isn’t enough.

Go Dick’s!!