Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

"So refreshing to see that cliques exist well into adulthood " said no person ever .

People who are denied or offered an alternative entry route to a college and then feel the need to trash the school online and warn others not to attend.

I love my husband, but sometimes itā€™s nice when he has to travel. I went out with friends Friday, went to coffee with a friend I havenā€™t seen in forever Saturday, had dinner with another friend Saturday evening, went to coffee again this morning, and walked four miles with another friend. I also made it to the gym twice. Iā€™m worn out from mya ctivities, and now Iā€™m ready for bed early.

Not sure how much more I can take. I am doing my best, but given the current employment situation, it is not clear to me if I can go back down that road again, even if I wanted to. What is a parentā€™s responsibility, given their childā€™s obvious need?

Oh, it would be so helpful to have some clarity soon.

So,Windows updated my computer and now I canā€™t get any of my files and photos etc. gosh, I wish my son was still living here cuz heā€™d know how to,fix everything tomreturn to how it was. I think itā€™s a scam for me to buy windows program again.

I guess I can cancel my Netflix subscription since my coworkers are providing sufficient drama to entertain meā€¦

You know there is nothing good when your ex wants to have a drink/chat.

To my alterations lady, ā€œdid I ask you to sew the whole front up? No, I didnā€™t. All I asked was for the snap to be replaced with just some thread to hold that. Why would you take it upon yourself to make that alteration without checking? Yeah, I know, youā€™re going to fix it. But what if you can now see all the thread holes in the material. It was a new top, not even worn. Iā€™m just pissed at you, but youā€™re pretty good and fair so Iā€™ll. Vent hereā€

I want to get rid of these things faster than youā€™re able to get to them.

For Peteā€™s sake people, get over yourselves! I realize itā€™s a serious matter, but your snobbery is uncalled for.

Why do schools feel that if you are a minority, you are also low income and first generation?

Why are you so reluctant to give my kid full points for that test question? She answered correctly. It was a simple question with a simple and clear factual answer. Why are you insisting on only giving her half credit because the question was supposed to ask something else? The question didnā€™t ask something else, it asked what it asked and my kid answered the actual question asked. So give her full credit already.

I donā€™t usually jump in and get involved, but I did today, because I am sorry but you are just plain incorrect. This was my field of study in grad school. I linked updated research info for you to see for yourself.

Grades matter - I wish they didnā€™t but they do, and youā€™ve been taking off points for every tiny excuse this semester. Letā€™s hope you donā€™t take points off for no reason on her lab reports next week. Cā€™mon - be a professional.

That took way too much effort not to be snarky. I need an attitude adjustment.

Parents and students who feel harassed by colleges to submit missing financial aid documents can always avoid the harassment by being full pay.

Look, I emailed you yesterday. All I want is an answer, OK? If itā€™s not going to work out, fine. I can deal with it - I certainly have enough experience. To leave someone hanging, especially in a situation like this, is unprofessional and just plain mean.

Wish the UPS driver would have made two trips instead of losing control of the overweighted dolly and chipping my tile floor

I did it! I set a clear boundary with the ā€œGFā€ who is narcissistic. Brunch at our house and asking to get together in a few days just after, a phone call and a text and another phone call within 18 hours. (I did not answer/respond). I am on her agenda at this momentā€“until I am not-- I managed to say that I am not available for the next 6 weeks. By then I will be on her secondary list and might not hear from her for months and months. Worked out great!

I spent a good part of the day analyzing complex data for a major transaction.

I come home and get caught up in a CC thread whirlpool analyzing the granular data set of college admissions criteria and statistical sensitivity to each category.

What is wrong with me. X_X

Also does anyone else have to pretend that they are doing something other than College Confidential while on your phone - so your wife (or spouse) doesnā€™t think youā€™ve gone bonkers?

So, years of CC time have paid off! H, who is a CC prof, has a student needing to compare offers as a transfer, and H turned to me! Need more info, but I can help this young man. CC not helpful to studentā€¦