Schools mask mandates…public schools prek-12

Washington State announced both a mask mandate and a vaccine mandate for everyone teaching, working, or volunteering in a K-12 school. It almost makes my very cautious daughter think about sending her kindergartener! (I don’t think she will but at least she’s thinking about it. As I mentioned in another thread, the child is right on the deadline date.)

1 Like

Yes, individual schools and districts can set their own policies, but there is no statewide mandate. Our district also has a mask mandate for students and educators regardless of vaccination status.

Georgia does not have a statewide mandate; individual school districts and municipalities set their own policies.

Just in from Boston Globe site:

All K-12 schools in Rhode Island will be required to have students and teachers mask up this fall, regardless of age or vaccination status

1 Like

Is someone keeping a tally here? After several reportings I’m wondering if this thread is just informational or if there is a score card of sorts.

I created this thread as an information only thread.

2 Likes

Oregon has now joined WA, NJ, and CA with a vaccine mandate for all teachers and staff in K-12 schools. OR’s mandate will not take effect until mid-Oct or 6 weeks after full FDA approval whichever is later so I’m assuming the governor thinks FDA approval will come by early September.

1 Like

WA’s vaccine mandate also includes teachers and staff of institutions of higher learning as well as most early learning/childcare providers. The governor clarified that personnel such as coaches, volunteers, and bus drivers are included. All must be fully vaccinated by October 18th.

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion of K-12 School Openings 21-22 School Year

Updated thread

2 Likes