Science ACT score

<p>I hope this is an ok question to post here, if not, please point me in the right direction :)</p>

<p>My daughter is an National Hispanic Scholar and is hoping to get into Northeastern, Fordham, or Texas A&M for their scholarships. Here's my question. Her composite ACT is 33, but her science score is 28. Should we have her take it again and focus on getting her science grade up? She improved her math score by 8 points on her second try by preparing. For Northeastern, they want a composite of 32, so she is fine there, but I don't have any idea if schools get concerned about a markedly lower score in any one subject area.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure when schools have a minimum composite, they don’t care about the section scores. To be sure, you could call or email NEU; and you could also ask on the NEU forum (under Alphabetic List of Schools) as someone there might know.</p>

<p>Regarding where to post, you’re more than welcome to post anything here. However, don’t feel obliged to post here just because your D is a Hispanic student; the main purpose of this subforum is to answer questions specific to Hispanic students (like scholarships, diversity flyins, etc.). For more general questions, it’s often advantageous to post on one of the other forums because they get more member views.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>