Seen any good movies lately?

The music was great, I agree!

I’m excited for the re-release of Avengers: Endgame and that Spider-Man: Far from Home is going to be released the following week.

Has anyone seen the documentary The Biggest Little Farm? Overall, DH and I enjoyed the film yesterday at a local arts theater. The plan to traditionally farm 200 acres of land in harmony with nature presented MANY challenges, any one alone would have been enough to do-in both me and DH. By the end we were dubious of the portrayed success of the farming project. We walked away with many questions about the financials involved.

Continuing my summer of watching nostalgic rock movies (Rocketman, Echo in the Canyon), I saw Yesterday today. It was surprising sweet and thought provoking. I’m not a major Beatles fan, but it was great to hear so many of their songs packed into the movie.

Also saw Yesterday today. Loved it. Go see it tomorrow.

Has anyone seen the re-release of Avengers Endgame and is it worth going? I might think about watching it tomorrow.

Agree about Yesterday. It’s sweet. Flawed but still great. I was not crazy about Rocketman.

@SnLMom Biggest Little Farm seems to have only limited release, I also saw it at an art house. The gal had previously worked with some wealthy folks, like Oprah, and a number of my friends think she had major funding from her contacts- not just a few ordinary friends. And he was already somewhat established in the film industry. It’s a great film. If you like that sort of “us and our surroundings” work, see if you can find “The Real Dirt on Farmer John,” from PBS. I was glued to it.

We missed the first part of Apollo 11 documentary on CNN. The second part blew our socks off. I just ordered the DVD. I rarely buy movies on discs anymore, but this one was a must to own for me. Just like Kedi (the Turkish documentary about street cats of Istanbul). :slight_smile:

@BunsenBurner, I saw most of the Saturday evening airing of Apollo 11 by chance. I didn’t realize it was a part 2. I hit record because I knew I could search for other air times in the next few weeks, but when I checked it said no upcoming showings. I’m hoping that it might re-air around the end of July for 50th anniversary of the moon landing. The 45 minutes I saw was wonderful. Good to know there is a DVD in case they don’t show it again.
I did notice that starting next Sunday there will be a new series on CNN - The Movies. Evidently, this first season is dedicated to movies of the '80s. I love their decades series, so I’m hoping for something similar.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. We missed the first hour - part one in my books. We tuned in when the return mission was already happening (the second hour of CNN’s airing of the movie).

D & I saw Yesterday this afternoon. It’s not going to be nominated for best picture, but I found it to be a nice way to pass the hot afternoon in an air conditioned space with a romantic story and some fabulous music.

From what I heard about the re-release of Avengers: Endgame, the only new content is in the post movie credits.
I saw the new Spiderman movie and found it very enjoyable. The theater was fill with teens. After seeing it, I can easily understand why Far From Home would appeal to teenagers.

Any of you planning on watching this documentary? It’s about Michelle Carter, the young woman who pushed her friend via many texts to kill himself. Premieres tomorrow night.

https://decider.com/2019/07/08/i-love-you-now-die-review-hbo/

Loved Yesterday! The premise seemed ridiculous to me and I couldn’t see how it could be a viable plot, but it all Came Together (Right Now, Over Me). Full disclosure, I love musicals so that gave it a leg up.

My Dad was a test engineer for NASA during the Apollo program. I remember watching the moon landing then heading out to the backyard looking at the moon and being in awe that there’s actually someone up there. It’s available On Demand via CNN.

DH and I saw Yesterday and really enjoyed it. Highly recommend

Dh and I saw Yesterday today and really enjoyed it, but we love Beatles music.

Finally saw Captain Marvel during our recent flight to HI. Liked it. OMG. The cat! The cat! Mr. almost missed the last scene (after the credits) where the kitty hacks up the secret energy core (?) device.

I liked Yesterday a lot. I thought it had some interesting things to say about the nature of creativity and artistic influence. Plus it’s just a fun, sentimental movie.

Yesterday was just OK in my opinion. Music was good, story mediocre and too many unrealistic and obvious plot points. Three of my friends loved it, one did not like it all, I was in the middle.

Saw a Scottish movie called Wild Rose over the weekend. It is the story of a girl from Glasgow that wants to be a country star. A story that has been told before, but the plot veered away from the expected line. Worth watching in your local art house or streaming or cable if it makes it there.

Saw Yesterday this past weekend. Interesting premise, and it’s unlike anything else out there. Of course, fantastic soundtrack, and one scene that, for a few minutes, made me smile wishing that it was real. Fun, great movie…and you’ll be singing as you leave the theater.