Seen any good movies lately?

Re Hamilton: If anyone has Verizon wireless unlimited you can get Disney + for free for a year if you sign up. Look on the Verizon website.

Watched it yesterday and enjoyed it. A few strange camera angles I thought but that is nitpicking. I saw it with most of the original cast but it was great to see again.

We saw the live touring show of Hamilton and thoroughly enjoyed this version with original cast. The closeups with facial expressions added so much to the experience. The music has been stuck in my head since we watched it yesterday.

I love this Hamilton version! Being able to watch with subtitles gave it a whole new meaning! I saw it live (local tour) but so much stood out in this recorded version. Bravo!

S18 put on Den of Thieves the other night because he thought I might enjoy it. He was right, I found it entertaining in a Usual Suspects kind of way.

I watched Palm Springs on Hulu last night. It’s a time loop rom com with a few twists, and with J.K. Simmons! Our local paper had given it 3 1/2 stars. I enjoyed it even with a bit more bad language than I prefer. Husband watched for a while but got confused with time looping and flash backs so fell asleep. I’m fine with all of that (long time Whovian and such). It’s no Groundhog Day but many similarities in concept.

@Marilyn. We watched Palm Springs last night too. Maybe because of the rave reviews we heard, we liked the movie, didn’t love it. The two leads were funny and we always enjoy J.K. Simmons. We watch Brooklyn 99 so we like Andy Samberg too. Earlier The Accountant was on, one of our favorites, also starring J.K… He’s a great character actor from one of my favorites Juno.

Knives Out. Very enjoyable.

We loved Hamilton (saw it at an outdoor viewing party on a screen hung between two trees with a lake as a backdrop)! At home, we have enjoyed Knives Out and What We Do in the Shadows.

I normally hate vampire movies, but the latter was surprisingly sweet.

What We Do in the Shadows is a family fav. Very funny.

We got a copy of Harriet from our library and watched it tonight. Fantastic movie!

Watched “Becoming,” (free on Netflix), and really loved the hopeful and uplifting tone. It is just what I needed right now.

I found it kind of depressing actually - a reminder of the contrast between what we had and what we have now. :frowning:

We watched BlacKkKlansman and thought it was very good - had not seen it in the theater when it first came out.

Very interesting about “Hamilton”. Ariana is a friend of my DILs college roommate. Now I simply must watch it again. All done in the choreography.

https://screenrant.com/hamilton-secret-character-bullet-death-foreshadowing/

Watched both Hamilton and Knives out yesterday. Saw Hamilton live but watching the closeups of actors and having closed caption was a different experience. Loved it even more now. Knives out was really fun and I read they’re doing another mystery .
(although later I realized there was no way he got 100 mg of morphine even in worst case scenario–he would’ve gotten about 12 mg which certainly wasn’t a death sentence based on the syringe sizes and vial size she had–a flaw that hard to overlook as a pharmacist)

We watched Babyteeth last night. It was a heavy movie, but very well done.

I watched Dina, a documentary on Hulu. I’m not sure how I feel about it. It was about a couple, both on the autism spectrum, who are about to be married. On the one hand, it was excellent, as Dina and her fiancé, Scott, are so open and honest. On the other hand, I was made uncomfortable wondering if it was exploitative, because they were so open and honest. In a way, it reminded me of a movie I saw at a film festival, Keep the Change, also about a young differently abled couple. These films just emphasized to me that everyone wants and needs to be loved and how wonderful it was, that they had achieved that.

We watched The Favourite last night. Very interesting movie, well acted, interesting story based loosely on real life events. Unusual but ultimately we all thought it was very good.

Just watched a dumb but fun enough movie from 1958 on TCM - The Perfect Furlough with Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis. I was curious so checked - Jamie Lee Curtis was born one week before the movie debuted.

@vabluebird thanks for link to the “character - the bullet, foreshadowing “ great info,

https://screenrant.com/hamilton-secret-character-bullet-death-foreshadowing/

Saw Hamilton, last fall in theater, but watching on iPad with closed captions enhanced in all ways!!! Stunning

Apparently, Comcast doesn’t stream Disney plus, how did most of you see it on tv screen ?