Seen any good movies lately?

Just came from an afternoon showing of Jurassic World Dominion. I was surprised that the theater was full and that most of the attendees were adults. All three of us enjoyed it.

5 Likes

We enjoyed The Banker (Apple TV). Serious, true story (which I’m sure had the usual literary license)… with a bit of humor too,

I actually had not learned generally about neighborhood redlining and racial lending limitations until a few years ago during an adult Sunday School book study (in first chapters fo “Waking Up White” book study). This specific story was totally new to me.

1 Like

My book club friends are raving about “The Power of the Dog”. It seems like in other places (maybe even here) I read unfavorable feedback. Thoughts?

We watched the new Downton Abbey movie last night on Peacock and really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

My husband ordered the 4K DVD from Amazon, it’s not arriving here until July 14, but he wants this tape so he can test out our sound system, the receiver one. The local RedBox won’t have this version, only in LA area. Translation, more upgrades in the future, he needs one tape so he can test the system.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. Very fun movie. Nick Cage being and making fun of Nick Cage: a washed up actor who finds himself working undercover for the Government. It looks like he and Pedro Pascal had a lot of fun making it.

4 Likes

“Rise” on Disney+ about the Antetokounmpo family and their rollercoaster ride of life is worth watching.

1 Like

I finally got around to watching the new Downton Abbey movie on Peacock last night. I liked it better than the first one. Beautiful scenery and sweet story.

2 Likes

I thought Top Gun 2 was a very good sequel. Amazing flying scenes. Glad I saw it in a theater.
I have not seen Downton Abbey yet. I am surprised I can buy it on blu ray tomorrow (7/5).

I’ll admit I saw the Minions movie today. It made me laugh, it made me cr- ok, laugh some more. Great soundtrack too.

5 Likes

I liked the Downton Abbey movie. Plus it gave me and my 18 year old coworker fodder for a protracted conversation.

3 Likes

It looks like the Downtown Abbey 4K UHD DVD will be here tomorrow, I can’t wait.

I didn’t like The Power of the Dog. I was excited to see it because of the Oscar buzz, but it was slow and disjointed. Cumberbatch’s acting seemed forced, inauthentic. I just didn’t believe him as that character. That said, it’s worth seeing once. You might like it.

1 Like

I bought Downton Abbey New Era on blu ray today. Although I enjoyed both movies, I thought this one was better.

2 Likes

haven’t seen any New movies but shows, just Watched stranger things Vol 2. and let Me just say… SO GOOD.

2 Likes

I know this thread is about good movies, however, if anyone is in the fence about going to Thor Love and Thunder, don’t. Not good at all. I love all the Avengers, Thor movies, this one is the worst. Silly plot, bad acting (have never seen Natalie Portman do a poor job before), and I’m very noncritical of these kind of movies.

4 Likes

The Lost City with Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum made me laugh. Brad Pitt could have stolen the movie if he had a bigger role.

7 Likes

I went to Elvis with my college senior son. We both liked it.

5 Likes

I enjoyed “Don’t Make Me Go” on Amazon Prime. Single dad and teen daughter make a cross country drive.

1 Like

@nn.ataliiaaa i also just Saw almost famous and i recommend any band/rock n roll lovers To watch this

2 Likes