Seen any good movies lately?

I saw “Spiderhead” on Netflix. First half was fun and new; second half felt flat. The soundtrak totally stole my playlist from my 1980s Walkman.

2 Likes

We watched Causeway on Apple TV. Jennifer Lawrence was great in it. The movie was a bit slow and very sad.

1 Like

We watched “Don’t Worry Darling” since it is now streaming on HBO. The movie does not exactly work, but I give credit to Olivia Wilde for the effort.

2 Likes

I watched Don’t Worry Darling last night as well. What a bizarre movie. I really like Florence Pugh, but what was that story line??

1 Like

Yeah, it was really out there. But I’m okay with that. I like superhero movies and kids movies as much as the next person, but I also like these types of pictures, even though this specific one missed the mark. “A” for effort!

I actually liked Don’t Worry Darling much more than I thought I would. Harry Styles is a meh actor, and there were definitely plot holes, but I love a good swing for the fences, even when it falls short- and Florence Pugh is amazing.

4 Likes

According to the Flixster app on my phone, Smile is still in our local movieplex. So we are going to see it this Saturday night, and I’m pretty excited about it. The reviews (here and elsewhere) paint a rosy picture.

We enjoyed The Banker on Apple+.

Saw the new Black Panther movie, Wakanda Forever, in a crowded theater. The movie perfectly captured a mournful tone, but the story didn’t hold my interest all the way through. The late Chadwick Boseman owned the role of Black Panther, and it’s going to be difficult moving this franchise forward.

BTW, for those who stay and watch the post credit scenes, there is only one post credit scene. It is in the middle of the credits. There is no post credit scene at the end of the movie.

2 Likes

I saw it last night and completely agree. I hope it’s the last Black Panther movie. I saw the first one 3 times in the theater. I will likely watch this one once more but when out on video. The story just wasn’t that interesting. It felt forced and a little ridiculous.

1 Like

I saw a preview of The Menu a few days ago and really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I watched Predestination this evening, and boy was this movie a crazy ride!

We went to see Wakanda Forever today, and I actually really enjoyed it and thought they handled the whole change in direction and situation with Boseman’s death quite well.

1 Like

We saw Till tonight and highly recommend it.

3 Likes

our D23 has been hanging out at our house a lot lately. rough fall. We are grabbing this opportunity, and have made a list of movies we’d like to share with her. Last night she shared and we watched Top Gun 2; i liked it!

our list to watch with her includes: rainman, goodwill hunting, jerry maguire, say anything, blood diamond, saving private ryan, slumdog millionaire, hunt for red october, no way out. i think she’s seen most of my favorite RomComs. any good movies to add? (that arent super sad?)

1 Like

Shawshank Redemption @bgbg4us

3 Likes

Everyone in my family loved Most Exotic Marigold Hotel.

7 Likes

If you use search to find it, it’s “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.” Wonderful film. The sequel is worth watching, too.

I’d also recommend Quartet.

3 Likes

Our all time favorite is Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

Based on what you liked, I would add Captain Philips to the list. My husband highly recommends Air Force One.

5 Likes

A few good men.

3 Likes