Seen any good movies lately?

Wonder if it was an “expurgated” version. We saw “Chicago” (movie) on a cruise ship umpteen years ago and told my parents how great it was! Turns out the version we saw cut out all the bad language etc…let’s just say they weren’t happy with our recommendation.

1 Like

We loved Banshees, but it is difficult! The performances, though…blow me away.

we watched The Wonder w Florence Pugh and it was okay. but just okay.

3 Likes

Watched “Ticket to Paradise” last night. It was fairly predictable and slow at parts. But Julia Roberts and George Clooney made it fun. And the scenery was lovely. Perhaps we should discuss Bali on our downsizing thread? :wink:

1 Like

I believe it was filmed in Australia

1 Like

Right you are. How about downsizing to Queensland ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We watched the Pope’s Exorcist with Russell Crowe. We didn’t have high expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good for a possessed by demons type movie

Now I HAVE to go look that up!

3 Likes

Documentary, Amazon video “ Judy Blume forever” - I’ve never read any of her books, but found the documentary enlightening and very interesting

1 Like

“I’ve never read any of her books, but found the documentary enlightening and very interesting”

Me either (although my D did read her books) - I was impressed with the documentary and with Judy herself.

1 Like

“The Upside” with Brian Cranston, Kevin Hart and Nicole Kidman. Really sweet. And fun. Why have I never seen this one recommended??

3 Likes

Recommend “Flamin Hot”

Richard Montanez, the son of a Mexican immigrant, was a janitor at Frito Lay when he came up with the idea for Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. His creation, inspired by the flavours of his community, revitalises Frito-Lay and disrupts the food industry.

1 Like

Recommend “Somewhere in Queens”

Leo and Angela Russo live a blue-collar life, surrounded by the big personalities of their overbearing Italian-American family. When their son’s chance at a life-changing basketball scholarship is jeopardized, Leo risks everything to help him, but may tear the family apart trying to make it happen.

3 Likes

We saw Asteroid City over the weekend. I enjoyed it, but it was definitely weird (as are all of Wes Andersen’s films). 48 hours later and I’m still thinking about it, though.

3 Likes

It looks odd but interesting!

I just tried those Cheetos for the first time this weekend! I liked them but DH didn’t.

My DS2022 is obsessed with everything spicy, especially these crazy Flamin Hot Cheetos MAC AND CHEESE!!!
His buddies dare each other to see how much spiciness they can handle.
They’ve included the crazy spicy ramen noodles.

1 Like

Confirmed the over 55 demographic by seeing Indiana Jones and the Dial of Desitny today, although we took 22 year old son who was happy to go if we paid. He’s saving his movie $ for Oppenheimer and Barbie. I enjoyed it as a nostalgic experience, including happy memories of seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark with my high school friends. Showing on two screens in our small theater and mostly full. My husband was impressed that it was 2 hrs and 22 minutes saying “now that’s how long a movie should be.” And he didn’t fall asleep.

7 Likes

H and I just got out of it. We both enjoyed it very much. I thought it was well done.

Raiders is H’s all time favorite movie and I’m not far behind. We have a poster signed by the cast and crew over our mantle.

6 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

We saw the new Indiana Jones movie yesterday with D2 (who is 29). We all enjoyed the movie although D2 thought is ran a bit long.

1 Like