Seen any good movies lately?

Gonna have to see that movie soon, with the recommendations here.:+1:

1 Like

As a huge Raiders of the Lost Ark and Harrison Ford fan, I’m happy to read some positive reviews of the Dial of Destiny. It hasn’t been doing particularly well at the box office.

1 Like

I watched Run Rabbit Run on Netflix the other day because it starred Sarah Snook (Succession) so I figured it would be pretty good. Wrong. That’s 2 hours of my life that I’ll never get back again.

I missed “Are You There God,? It’s me Margaret” when it was in the theater so I watched last night at home. Really a good movie, very well done and worth watching.

7 Likes

Ohhh, I missed it in the theater as well. Where did you find it online?

1 Like

@JustaMom

Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret is now available to purchase on-demand from the platform of your choice.

6 Likes

Anyone see this? Playing at the other end of my neighborhood:

2 Likes

Ha yes! H and I needed an escape movie last night. It was really good if you don’t mind that kind of movie. It was funny, though sometimes I get (and got) annoyed by that kind of constant humor. But this movie wasn’t bad for me. And it actually had me in tears at one point. Very sweet movie too.

1 Like

We saw the new Indiana Jones at a drive-in theater, which was built in our vacation community during COVID and remains operation for the summer. All of us enjoyed it. The only person who was disappointed was my son-in-law who wanted more action from Indiana.

5 Likes

Saw Sound of Freedom on July 4. Hard to watch but well done. Subject matter that has had a blind eye turned on it for far too long.

3 Likes

That’s why I liked it! Harrison Ford is 80 years old. It’s just not realistic for an 80 year old Indiana Jones to act like the Indiana Jones of past movies. And yes, I realize the stuff he did in earlier movies isn’t realistic. But still. I was just glad they didn’t try to make him act much younger than he really was. He still did a lot!

4 Likes

We just saw No Hard Feelings with Jennifer Lawrence. I love a good raunchy comedy, but this was more tame than I expected. I saw it with my 19yo, who laughed out loud a few times. The party scene was hysterical.

1 Like

ITA and said that to my SIL. He acknowledged Harrison Ford’s age and said he was still disappointed because he likes the action parts the best.

1 Like

Recommending Past Lives. I found it very touching and beautiful. A thoughtful exploration of “the path not taken”. The friend I went with felt it was slow.

1 Like

I’m afraid Harrison couldn’t outrun that rolling boulder anymore that he did so long ago. It would’ve been a short movie!

2 Likes

Enjoyed the new Mission Impossible movie. The movie is over two and a half hours long, but it is so action packed that it seemed shorter.

5 Likes

The boulder is probably slower, too, due to some erosion and wear and tear… :wink:

I noticed that “The Fault in Our Stars” will be dropping off Apple TV on August 1. So I talked hubby into spending the $3.99 to watch it. Excellent movie.

I had read the excellent book and was prepared for the fact that it is very, very sad (tear-jerker material for me; same for the book). Extra bonus was that it has Amsterdam scenes, and we plan to visit there in Sept.

If you are OK with a sad movie and have not read the book, I suggest skipping the trailer. Jump into it like a book, not knowing too much about the plot. (We both watched trailer first, and I thought they showed too much of the story.)

3 Likes

We watched Air, which was as good as I had been told, and then just finished They Cloned Tyrone, which was really quite entertaining.

4 Likes

Oppenheimer was magnificent.

6 Likes