Seen any good movies lately?

I really enjoyed Jumanji, too - the remake and the original starring Robin Williams. Jack Black is all kinds of fun in the new version.

I never saw or wanted to view the original movie before but am tempted now. Seems it is on AmazonPrime, which we have. :slight_smile:

We just rewatched both Jumanjis in order via Netflix this past week. I like the first, but love the second - as does everyone in my family. It’s one I’m seriously thinking of getting on DVD to own so whenever I need a fun comedy fix I can have it. (We can’t stream Netflix here - limited data.)

Next we’re getting Central Intelligence to rewatch as a family. We loved that one as a fun comedy too. Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart do so well together in comedies IMO.

I saw Leave No Trace. I enjoyed it, HOWEVER, it also left something (a lot?) to be desired. I don’t want to say more for fear of spoilers. The actress who played the daughter was very, very good. Shout out to Thomasin McKenzie for subtle, yet powerful acting chops.

I saw Mamma Mia 2 last night. I enjoyed the storyline and music/singing. I didnt realize until the end that Dominic Cooper (in The Preacher) is Sky! The British accent threw me!

I liked Mama Mia. 2 better than the first.

I am looking forward to seeing Mamma Mia . Thanks to those who have seen it already for not giving anything away! A couple posters have given away key elements or endings of movies in the past and it really spoils it! La La Land and Call Me by Name come to mind.

My husband wanted to see Equalizer 2 and I needed to be somewhere with AC so I agreed. The story was predictable, but I love Denzel so the movie was a good summer escape.

@sevmom …I will tell you one thing: there were 24 minutes of previews before Mamma Mia 2 started! And on a few of the previews, both of us said “I think I just saw most of the movie!”… hate when they do that…

24 minutes, so lucky…my local theater is pushing 35 minutes up from 30 minutes if you count noovie and the trailers…everyone runs in the last minute…

That is always funny. Sometimes, seems like you don’t even need to pay to see the movie after all of the previews! But, I do love previews! And popcorn with lots of butter on it!

Am I the only one who loves previews? I’m bummed if we get there late and miss them. Our local theater doesn’t go overboard on them, though. Kind of wish they did. :slight_smile: Love them.

Actually, @doschicos I said in the post before yours that I love previews! So, count me in as somebody else who loves them and gets to the theater early so I don’t miss them. But, I don’t go to the movies that often, so when I do I want to get there early, buy some popcorn, settle in, and watch the previews. And I usually end up crying, or at least starting to tear up, during at least one preview!

I like previews too. I watch so little television that previews are my main way of finding out about upcoming movies I might want to see.
Saw Mamma Mia yesterday and enjoyed it. The post upthread by @gosmom pretty much sums up my opinion. It was fun to see.

I’m another who likes the previews when they are mostly for movies I might be interested in seeing. I do hate it when I am at a chick flick and the previews are all geared towards 15 year old boys who play video games.

I loved Mama Mia Here We Go Again. DH and I were the youngest couple in the theater - which hasn’t happened ina while (perhaps since we saw The Post).

This has certainly been a summer of sequels. We have enjoyed all of them, including Solo, Incredibles 2, and Ant Man and the Wasp.

I only wish that they’d figure out a way for us to reserve seats but still pay for them using the free Fandango movie ticket vouchers that are only accepted in the box office. We end up reserving them on the credit card, but then cancel them at the box office and repurchase them there with the vouchers. But it takes so long for them to do that for us.

Wow, @3puppies! Your theaters are MUCH more crowded than ours. For ours, there are no reserved seats but generally not that many folks in the theater, so plenty of desirable seats available for all comers.

@doschicos , I love previews too. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind previews…but! just one preview we saw lasted 9 minutes! We both wondered what else could be left in the movie! I want tidbits that intrigue me and make me want to make an effort to see it. However, recent previews for a few movies have pretty much shown all the best lines, action…so that the actual movie is a bit of a let down, as one knows so much going into it…

I love previews. I usually go to movies at a Landmark Theater location, so the previews are not necessarily mainstream movies.

When I went to see Leave No Trace, I think the previews were for The Cakemaker, McQueen, and Eighth Grade.