Seen any good movies lately?

I saw “Sorry to Bother You” with one of my daughters today. We both thought it was great.

Saw 2/3 of Lilo & Stitch on the airplane. It was OK but not a must.

Mr Rogers documentary, “Won’t you be my neighbor?” will be on PBS—check your local listing.

Son insisted we see Incredibles 2. Why? I asked.
You’re 19! All his friends had seen it. 14 years ago they were all five years old and Incredibles was the first “cool” movie they had all seen. This one was cool too.

Yay for Mr. Rogers! Looks like PBS will air “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” early next year:

https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/fred-rogers-is-returning-to-pbs-which-will-air-this-summers-hit-documentary-about-his-life/

Oh wow. Studio Ghibli Fest is coming to the theater next to us. Check yours! Grave Of the Fireflies will be the August movie. I think we will skip. I get tears in my eyes from just thinking about this movie. Princess Monoke and Spirited Away - these I can rewatch without a heartbreak.

@Burgermeister - too funny, my S18 also wanted to see Incredibles 2. It was a fun family day before he leaves for college.

Saw a very touching independent movie this summer called “Just Say Goodbye” - it had limited release but good enough that hopefully it will end up streaming somewhere.

Also just saw 3 identical strangers. At one point the researcher held a book called “the psychoanalytic study of the child”. Flashback! My mom had that book and Its probably around here somewhere, as I have several of her psych books from the 60’s and 70’s). Its a journal so is published annually, but that particular cover was very familiar.

D and I saw Christopher Robin Friday. We both liked it. It brought back many memories of reading Pooh to them when the kids were young. I especially liked the fact that Pooh and friends could be heard by the humans when they were in London.

Watched “Train to Busan” on Netflix on a whim. If you are in the mood for a Korean zombie movie, this is it!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society started streaming yesterday on Netflix. I was a little concerned that the movie had circumvented theaters and went straight to Netflix, but I thought the film was better than average. I looked at Wikipedia for the plot of the book and the film did deviate somewhat, but I assume changes were made to accommodate time and budget restrictions. If you are a PBS fan, you’ll love the actors - “Sybil, Rose, Henry Talbot, & Mrs. Crawley” from Downton Abbey and “Kitty Riley” from Sherlock. I give it a big thumbs up :slight_smile:

My son, age 25, and I saw Christopher Robin. My son was a big Pooh (mostly Piglet) fan when he was younger. We both really enjoyed it!

Saw the spy who dumped me. Silly.

We watched the Guernsey Literary etc. movie last night, too. It was good.

Just saw Equalizer 2 and enjoyed it, especially the ending. Love Denzel!

Can’t wait until Crazy Rich Asians opens next week. The last Hollywood movie featuring majority Asians 25 years ago was disgusting, feeding to the Western world stereotypes of Asians. I’m still irked thinking about it.

Given that becoming an econ professor is in her sights, one of my daughters is excited about “Crazy Rich Asians,” too. And I’m excited about almost everything my kids are, so I also want to see the movie.

I just finished the book We Need To Talk About Kevin, so ordered the movie today. It was disturbing, as intended. But it spared me the sesquipedalian loquaciousness of the book, so not a bad deal. :wink:

I went to Mission Impossible cuz I’m not into scary or sad or other sorts of turmoil. Ok. In parts the script was a groaner.

But I can’t wait to see Crazy Rich Asians. I’ve been waiting for Rotten Tomatoes to finally review it and it’s got 100% on the tomatometer.

" The last Hollywood movie featuring majority Asians 25 years ago was disgusting, feeding to the Western world stereotypes of Asians. I’m still irked thinking about it."

What movie was that, @ProfessorPlum168?

The Meg.
Not about the Duchess of Sussex.
Cheering…gasping…lots of audience participation…