Shapiro Allegations and the Effect on the University?

<p>“I’m not going to dignify that with a long response.”</p>

<p>Ah, the "I don’t have a good response so I will jump on my “High Horse” defense. </p>

<p>“Way to take my quote out of context.” </p>

<p>Is this out of context too?</p>

<p>“The UM situation does not look quite as bad as SMU. But it is god-awful and I think the punishment will match that.”</p>

<p>It is better to be just honest and say you came into the thread to pile on a bit. No harm in that, as there is also no harm if someone wants to respond in kind.</p>

<p>Edit: Nevermind</p>

<p>So you are saying that the situation at Miami is not bad? I’m just kind of stating the obvious, having assistant coaches take players and recruits (bigger problem) to Shapiro is a huge no-no and it is definitely fair to draw comparisons to SMU. Though I don’t think Miami will get the death penalty, but consistency is not one of the NCAA’s strong points, so who knows exactly what they are thinking. </p>

<p>I don’t hate Miami, and I did not come into this thread to “pile on”. I grew up rooting for Miami and I like when they are good, it makes College Football more interesting. Maybe I was a little harsh with regards to Donna Shalala, but I’m not afraid to criticize my own school. OSU’s president has said some very stupid things in the past 8 months or so with regards to sports/OSU athletics. But I’m sure I don’t need to remind you of that! </p>

<p>With regards to Tressel, the one you love to harp on, he made a big mistake and he paid the price for it. Such a dumb mistake, especially for a guy like him to make. He was arguably the best/most publicized coach in the Big Ten and to be taken down by something like that is just sad. </p>

<p>I’m not going to argue with you because you are incapable of having a rational and civil discussion. Not everyone has vicious, uncalled for, hatred of random schools. </p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/ohio-state-university-columbus/1177160-chance-getting-into-osu-only-school-she-wants-apply.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/ohio-state-university-columbus/1177160-chance-getting-into-osu-only-school-she-wants-apply.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Jdb, you’re awesome. I’m not afraid to criticize my own school but I’m also not afraid to express my own opinions about this entire scandal even though it may go against 99% of what everyone else seems to think these days. I’ve been reading your posts and I have to admit that I completely agree with you.</p>

<p>My apologies jdb…Looking at your comments, it isn’t so much a “High Horse” as it is your stick pony being held up way too high. I warned you about the three H’s, but you launch into hyperbole worthy of the best politicians, the ones who “never let a crisis go to waste.” Do you even have an idea how true “vicious hate” manifests itself? Is your idea of seeing the world a trip to the Louvre? Maybe it is vacationing in the Bahamas. When you were about ten or so, you may have seen a real example of how most of the rest of the world delivers “vicious hate.” Think real hard about that, especially in the next ten days, many of us have lived that “vicious hate” reality since that terrible day. Like many of your age, the word “hate” has been a favorite, from tweets of 13 year olds, disparaging any person who dares criticize them, to the halls of the Ivy League, where it is used to describe a professor’s reasoning behind anything less than an “A.” Many of your generation know the real meaning of it all too well, they should be held in the highest esteem and listened to intently. How about you skip the Louvre next time and take a trip to Poland, Auschwitz in particular. Learn the true meaning of hate in one of its most indescribable incarnations. That catastrophe is viciousness taken to the most extreme level, something important to learn to truly set the word into context.</p>

<p>Sorry if this might not have been “civil” enough for you, but the Three H’s are always lurking, ready to take advantage of human frailty.</p>

<p>Oh BTW, seems there is some more news out of Columbus in case that still interests you:
[BuckeyeGrove.com</a> - Three additional Buckeyes suspended for opener](<a href=“http://www.ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1259280]BuckeyeGrove.com”>http://www.ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1259280)</p>

<p>“but I’m also not afraid to express my own opinions about this entire scandal even though it may go against 99% of what everyone else seems to think these days.”</p>

<p>So what is it Miamigirl? Please go beyond the “what he said” response.<br>
Do you want the President Shalala fired by the trustees? What kind of sanctions do you think are appropriate?</p>