Sheila Bair Resignation

Wash College President Sheila Bair has resigned from her post after serving only 2 years of her 5 year term. Anyone know the backstory on why this happened? My son is considering the school, so I want to know what kind of situation he might be walking into. (BTW, I don’t believe for a second the family excuse that was in the press release. There was a previous report that effectively said she thought the board was meddling in operational issues…but I don’t know how to interpret that.)

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2017/06/02/bair-resigns-washington-college

Sure wish I knew as well because I’m equally suspicious. It seemed as though she was doing a very good job. Have you since heard anything definitive?

I have not learned anything and my son chose to go ED to another college.

I believe the ‘family’ reason. She left the FDIC in the middle of ‘the crisis’ too for family reasons.

She wasn’t a good fit. Impression was the board was not happy with her focus on the school vice her focus on other things. The guy they got now seems like a good fit and was the runner up during the Blair search.