Should I Choose NC State or UNC Chapel Hill?

I am a high school senior with a big decision to make. I have recently been indecisive on my college decision. I was accepted to all my schools and have come down to a top 2 but cannot decide. I plan on majoring in business, specifically Economics wherever I attend. I was accepted into UNC Chapel Hill as well as NC State University. Both are good schools but I don’t know which to choose from. I am in the business school at NC state which is reassuring as I am not sure if I will get in at UNC. Even though it is a better program, if I don’t get in my plans will be messed up so I don’t know if it is worth the risk. I like both schools and both have a lot to offer. I was also accepted into the University of South Carolina and their business school which is better than NCSU but not as good as UNCs. It is a good school as well and I like it too but it is more expensive. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

My advice is to go to UNC. Flager is great and will provide a lot of opportunities. If you don’t get in, just major in econ. I don’t think an econ degree from UNC puts you at a disadvantage compared to a business degree from NC State. UNC is one of the top public schools in the country.

I agree with @Transfersssss that you should go to UNC. I think cost will come into play as well - are you in-state for the North Carolina schools? Did you get more scholarships/financial aid to one place than another? If cost is not a big concern and not a factor in your decision, then I think UNC has the most prestige on your list which could be important in the business field.

Unless you really dislike the feel, UNC all day long. Flagler is one of the top UG B schools in the country. Has been for a long time.

Don’t be overly concerned about acceptance into Flagler. Work hard and you’ll likely get in. And if you don’t, econ is fine. Accounting will likely be a weedout class. Just do the work, focus and all will be fine.

Thank you for the advice. Cost isn’t an issue I am instate for both schools. I received 2k in grants from NC State so it isn’t much cheaper than UNC Chapel Hill. I was able to visit state and Poole College of management which was nice, but I believe I should look into and try to get a better feel for Flagler.

You should know that econ is not usually a business major. It’s usually a social science or sometimes an applied math major. NCSU does not offer a regular econ major (which may not be clear by checking their website), they offer a BA/BS Business Economics major (CIP code: 52.0601).

NCSU is mainly a STEM school. The best education you’ll get there is probably in the STEM majors. Their economics department has a lot of problems.

The OP asked the question 2 years ago. Presumably they have made their decision and requite no further input. Please do not needlessly bump old threads. Closing.