Should I even try?

<p>SO basically, I've always been an A student for the most part.</p>

<p>Then during both semesters of my sophomore year, I got a C in my AP CALC class. And a few B's here and there. </p>

<p>NOW my first semester of junior year is when I COMPLETELY screwed up. I ended up with 3 c's, 2 B's and only 1 A (and that was an elective). </p>

<p>People tell me that I should stop worrying as of now, because I definitely won't be able to get into a selective college anyway.</p>

<p>I'm an IB student, and I know in my heart that I am much more intelligent than what my GPA actually shows. I have great EC's and I'm the president of my MUN club. I just don't find myself completely motivated in doing school work these days. </p>

<p>What do you guys think? If I try my absolute best, I'm sure I could end up with straight A's next semester. Nothing seems impossible when you have the right attitude about it. But my question is, should I even try? If colleges see my grades rise up suddenly during my last semester of junior, would they still give me a break for my 1st semester?</p>

<p>Thank you for your time :) It means a lot to me!</p>

<p>Ofcourse try. The past is in the past now (assuming the semester ended) so all you have is the future. Idk how much of a break you’ll get but straight A’s next semester is always better.</p>

<p>There isn’t a reason to not try. Seeing a huge upward trend is better than seeing your grades decline. Good luck! I’m an IB student (senior though) too. Try your best and you’ll be glad you did when you see all the As on your report card.</p>

<p>-______- try! Colleges want to see an upward trends. This dip produces and interesting conversation in which you can defend your position. Honestly, this is popular with IB. They would rather see you go through that then take on-level classes.</p>