Should I go to U of Miami?

<p>I got accepted into both University of Miami and University of California San Diego.</p>

<p>Should I do biochemistry at University of Miami or Psychology and Neuroscience at UC San Diego? I love to party and I like meeting hot girls as well as keeping up with a great education.</p>

<p>I wish to study pre-med but I failed to submit my applications for the pre-med course. Can I get into honors during my freshman year and do pre-med?</p>

<p>I am an international student by the way, willing to do medicine/dentistry in Canada for graduate studies.</p>

<p>The honors program is very competitive at UM and academics are intense.
Here at the guidelines of the pre- health track (regular)
<a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/prehealth/docs/Guidelines.pdf[/url]”>http://www6.miami.edu/prehealth/docs/Guidelines.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Both great schools academically. I’m not too terribly involved in the party scene here but it blows UCSD’s out of the water, if that’s important to you.</p>

<p>My son was also accepted at both schools.He is interested in Marine Science which is very strong at both schools, probably the two best in the country.La Jolla is beautiful and has great surfing ,but he is still probably going to choose Miami.UCSD is much bigger and does not enjoy a reputation as a fun school. I didn’t get the feeling that the average student there was as enthusiastic as the average student at Miami.Academically you can’t go wrong at either school.</p>

<p>Both are academically great, and academically comparable, with UCSD having a slight edge. As for parties, Umiami is by far the frontrunner. UM also has more “hot” girls than you would ever have time to get to know. :D</p>

<p>There’s nothing special about UM’s honors program and it doesn’t do much other than give you something to list on a resume, but yes, you can get in as a freshman in your second semester if that’s what you’re asking.</p>

<p>Anyone here going with a scholarship too? Could I apply for scholarship during my freshman year to aid me for the rest of the year too? Or is that impossible.</p>

<p>Most people on here are on scholarship. However, you would’ve been offered a scholarship from the university with your acceptance. You can’t apply for a university-sponsored scholarship if you weren’t originally given one. There are, however, many outside scholarships you can apply for.</p>

<p>Could you help me and link me to some outside scholarship sites please? </p>

<p>Sent from my GT-I9300 using CC</p>

<p>Also, is it difficult to get an outside scholarship for international students?</p>