Should I just go to community college?

<p>I got a 1.8 my freshman year. I am now in my first semester of my sophomore year and I have about a 3.0-3.3 gpa. I have pretty good extra curricular’s. Just wondering if I need to go to community college because of my freshman year. Thanks.</p>

<p>Forgot to add that I am taking an AP class also. If that helps at all.</p>

<p>Congratulations on your huge upward trend! You’ve proven that you’re capable of getting decent grades, and you’re taking an AP class, why would you question whether or not you should go the cc route? If you can continue your upward trend or at least maintain a B average then you’re absolutely in line to go to a four year university. The CC forum is really out of touch with the normal student. My kids go to one of the best high schools in the country and the school states that a grade of C is average, a B is above average, and an A is exceptional. This forum is based mainly on those who fall into the exceptional category but think of themselves as average. </p>

<p>My daughter graduated with a 3.2/4.0 GPA and a 28 ACT and is doing very well at a four year university (accepted to 10 out of 11 top 50 schools). She’s a neurobiology major on the pre med tract. Many people would have told her that her high school grades were weak for that type of major, but she’s thriving. College gives you the opportunity to study what you are interested in and that can make all of the difference. </p>

<p>Don’t short change yourself. You had a rough start freshman year, many students do as high school is a big adjustment. College admissions counselors understand that and will look at your upward trend as a sign that you matured and can do the work in college. </p>

<p>There is nothing wrong with a cc if you feel it would be a better fit for you, but if you really want to go to UA then apply.</p>