Should I take AP Calculus BC exam?

<p>Hi! I'm a senior now and have been accepted to industrial engineering major in A&M. I'm currently taking AP Calculus BC and planning to take AP exam in May. However, as a future engineering student, I was told that I was required to take math replacement test. I took it yesterday and got all the questions right. Under my result, it says that my grade allows me to enroll in Math 151 which is Calculus I.</p>

<p>I saw on the A&M's website, if I get more than 4 on my AP Calculus BC exam, I can earn the credit for Math 151 and 152. But they also suggest engineering student to accept one less AP math credit than entitled to by these scores.</p>

<ol>
<li>Does that mean I would only be able to get into Math 151 even if I get a 5 on AP Calculus BC?</li>
<li>Is it still necessary for me take Cal BC exam?</li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks:)</p>

<p>You can skip to 152 if you want, but you do need to get a 4 or 5 on the AP test.</p>

<p>You should sit for the exam either way. Just because you GET the credit, does not mean you have to apply the credit.</p>

<p>As izelkay said, for BC test with a 5, you can skip to 152 if you want to. If you get a 4 you CAN skip, but you might not want to.</p>

<p>I think you should always sit for the AP exams. It gives you a good metric for where you are.</p>