Should I take AP exams as well as ib?

<p>I'm just finishing freshman year ib so this is my 4th year in the MYP. Since AP is more well known; in addition to SAT II and IB SL/HL exams, should I also take some AP exams? If so, which are the easiest in comparison with ib exams and which ones can I self study for? Here is my MYP schedule so far, since I'm not in DP yet I don't know what I'm going to take.</p>

<p>Freshman year:
IBMYP Geometry
IBMYP Biology
IBMYP English 9
IBMYP Drama/Tech
IBMYP World history II
IBMYP Spanish III</p>

<p>Sophomore year
IBMYP Algebra II
IBMYP Chem
IBMYP English 10
IBMYP drama/drivers ed
IBYMP va/us comp govt
IBMYP Spanish IV
Econ personal finance</p>

<p>Just give me an IB to AP comparison with as many classes as you can think of, please!</p>

<p>Bumpppppppp</p>

<p>So here’s the deal.
Majority of colleges only accept the HL exam scores for IB, not SL, and the majority of them only give credit if you get a 6 or a 7 on them (I know, they’re screwing us over!) What I plan to do is try to do really well on the four HL exams I can take, and take the AP test for my SL courses. You can also take the AP exams for your HL courses just in case you don’t do too well.
It also depends on what tests and courses your school offers. Like my school only has SL for chem and calc (so sad.) And, some colleges only accept certain AP exams for credit.
Gotta save money, cause these exams are freaking expensive!</p>

<p>You can’t really take AP classes until junior year. My exception is that I’ll be taking physics as an elective. Or ask your coordinator. I’m assuming IBMYP is basically honors class where you get the extra credit towards your GPA, right? My school just calls it honors, lol.</p>

<p>Sophomore year, I will be taking:
h. pre-calc + college credit
h. chem
ap physic
h. humanities/some sort of history
h. h. english
h. spanish 5-6</p>

<p>So fast forward to junior/senior years.</p>

<p>HL exams:
English (required)
History (required)
Biology
Spanish</p>

<p>SL exams:
Chemistry (no HL exams, booo)
Calculus (no HL exams, boo)</p>

<p>Since colleges only give credit for HL exams and AP, I will take the AP exam for chemistry, calculus and physics, You don’t have to take the class to take the exam.</p>

<p>And the thing is, we have honors and MYP so I don’t think it’s weighted differently. What about math? I can only take calm as an elective in my senior year as we don’t have a lot of schedule freedom. In my junior year I think it’s Extended Math and then Math Studies. And I know that History of the Americas is a two year course, I’m going to Spanish 6, probably will take psych SL, and I guess Bio HL, TOK, and my elective in senior year is going to be either physics or calc. So that’s the extent of my future schedule knowledge. And btw my middle school was the only magnet school in the county and it was IB middle years program which is from 6th-10th grade and then DP is 11 and 12. Do IB classes have a larger impact than AP on GPA?</p>