Some Overall Chances

<p>How are my general chances for UCs looking (UCSB and up).</p>

<p>Indian Male from California</p>

<p>GPA-4.0 unweighted, 4.6 weighted (don’t talk to me about the cap. look at my other posts for why the cap is a non-factor in admissions; sorry if this is rude haha). I am in ELC.</p>

<p>SAT-2150 (first time, stupid mistakes, will take again in October and hope for increase) </p>

<p>ACT-Will take in Sept</p>

<p>SAT IIs- Math II:770, Chem:790, US:800</p>

<p>Sophomore-Took the only two weighted classes availible to me (1 AP (Euro), 1 honors (Chem)) that would work with my schedule. This may work to hurt me, since other peoples’ schedules allowed them to take a few more.</p>

<p>Junior-All core subjects were weighted (3 AP (Chem, Lang, US), 2 honors (physics, precalc), 2 extra classes (band, robotics))</p>

<p>5s on all the APs taken up to this point and As on everything.</p>

<p>Senior- 4 APs (Bio, Calc AB, Music Theory, Comp Gov) English 12 and band + community college course (English); taken because I had to drop an AP, so trying to make up course rigor.</p>

<p>ECs:
Oboe and English Horn-First chair in school all 4 years
-In top regional youth orchestra and am co-principal for 3 years

• Made county honor band twice, once with second chair</p>

<p>Robotics-Part of FIRST Robotics team at school for 3 years. We have category leadership in that, and I am Physics leader (review and analyze brainstorming ideas to make sure they are in accordance with physical law). Team has placed in several regional contests </p>

<p>Table Tennis Club- Memeber for 4 years, president senior year.</p>

<p>NASA-Part of the NASA Online Community, a selective program that allows high schoolers to interact with NASA professionals online and view exclusive online lectures. (2 years)</p>

<p>Other clubs-Founded club to discuss and debate politics and highlight how political dissent is beneficial. This was a conventional school club for 1 year and for the next 2, it has been more private, with in person meetings every once in a while, but MAJOR online involvement. I am co-president and co-web master.
-CSF (kind of a joke)</p>

<p>Varsity Track and Field-Pole Vaulting for 2 years (junior, senior)</p>

<p>Community service:-150 hours volunteering at Bay Area Hospice Foundation thrift store to provide affordable merchandise to the disadvantaged, with proceeds going toward better hospice facilities for the community. (This is over junior and senior year)
~400 hours peer tutoring at school
-Spent summers of 9 and 10 in India (family issues). I was able to do about 60 hours total of showcasing Western classical instruments for the community at a small school.
-Played in BAYOF Hope music festival to raise money for homeless children in the Bay Area (kind of the equivilant a nonathletic charity marathon)</p>

<p>Awards/Honors: -AP Scholar with Honor
-National Merit Commended Scholar
-Academic Letter (major school award)
-Second chair of County Honor Band was an awarded position, with a ceritificate and medal.
-National Band Director’s Association Award
-Certificate of Commendation by CMEA Board of Directors (music thing)
-Most dedicated Award for Symphonic Band at school for 2 years
-Third place at 2008 VEX games for Robotics
-Part of 2nd place team at Silicon Valley Regional FIRST Robotics competitoin
-Certificate of recognition from National Holocaust Association for a writing contest (kind of BS)</p>

<p>Job Experience- Paid internship with small (very new) chemical manufacturing company this summer.</p>

<p>I think I’m screwed for Cal, UCLA, and UCSD…oh well.</p>

<p>Screwed for UCSD? I got in and your numbers blow mine away.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Please, false modesty makes us sick, especially when it’s poorly presented. </p>

<p>You’ve got a fantastic shot at all the UCs.</p>

<p>It’s not really false modesty…I’ve seen people with higher stats get rejected…</p>

<p>Forget UCSB </p>

<p>UCLA, CAL, Stanford ( but no one likes them ), USC</p>

<p>anyone else?</p>

<p>Yeah, you are fine. Stop worrying and acting like you are going to community college. I’d say you’ll get in at least 1 of Cal and UCLA, in at the rest of the UCs.</p>

<p>You have a great shot at all the UCs. I understand that some people with amazing stats have gotten rejected. I don’t understand these occurrences either. But as far as numbers and statistics, yours look great.</p>

<p>Thanks, anyone else? In particular, how am I looking for the top 3 UCs?</p>

<p>in and in and in and definitely in
gosh you just crushed my dreams away for ucsb :(</p>

<p>Anyone have any negative feedback? Come on, I’m feeling at least a little shaky for Cal/UCLA…</p>

<p>I’m sorry to say this, but you need to shut the **** up and chill out.</p>

<p>Your smarter than 90% of the population with those stats and you and I both know you don’t need to come in here “pretending” to be worried. </p>

<p>Seriously man, go away</p>