Somerville Questions

<p>Hi! I recently finished my housing selection, and I went with one of Somerville’s triples because it’s the cheapest option and would save me some money. I don’t have any roommates yet, though I know I will by the time the entire housing process is over. My classes will be mostly business-oriented, so around Culverhouse, which isn’t too far from where Somerville is located.</p>

<p>I’ve heard mixed good/bad things about it, and having two roommates rather than one isn’t exactly appealing, it’s more affordable and I’m fairly open-minded to different personalities (although I’m seriously hoping none of my roommates end up being heavy drinkers/users, etc. because that’s not something I want to be around). </p>

<p>I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with Somerville? Thank you!</p>

<p>I’ve spent time in Palmer Hall, which has the same design as Somerville. Somerville is in a good location and is relatively quiet. </p>

<p>Ah, that’s good to hear!</p>

<p>It’s likely that I will get two roommates, right? I still don’t have any assigned yet (and almost all the spaces on 2nd and 3rd floor in Somerville are still open), and I’m afraid that if I somehow end up with no roommates that my rate will go up. </p>

<p>Will my rate stay at the triple occupancy rate, even if I get zero or only 1 roommate? I’m assuming I will get three roommates, since Bama usually has a housing crunch for freshman, but just wondering if for some strange reason it ends up that way haha. Thanks!</p>

<p>Never mind last question, got that answered. :slight_smile: Rate would not go up.</p>

<p>Thanks again!</p>

<p>…thinking that maybe there is no longer a housing crunch with the new dorm opening? UA Housing may be able to answer us here…?</p>