Sophie Davis Fall 2021

So my friend replied to those questions. Here is exactly what she said:
“Hello haha no problem! I don’t have the exact stats but I know in my year we started with 90 something I believe and currently have maybe 50 including older years who are repeated a year. Generally 70 and above is passing. I believe that if you fail a course you have to retake it in undergrad. In the med school you can take a retake exam for up to two courses over four years and it goes on your record. In certain circumstances people are able to repeat years if they fail more than twice. Do you have access to the handbook by any chance? Their policies are outlined more clearly there”

So now I’m asking her about that handbook she mentioned. If any of you have any more questions based off of this info, drop and it and @ me so I can ask her.

@alwayshappy25 I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Ohh thank you so much! You’re so sweet :slight_smile: ! It definitely helps put things into perspective, if (hopefully) any one of us here were to be accepted! Thanks!!

1 Like

Hey guys. How was the interview @Dr.S1 and @sd0628? If you don’t mind sharing your experiences. Thanks.

hey! i think my interview went well (i’m hoping it’s some good news!!).

i had gone into the call 15 minutes early as per the invitation email and what @MarrZak had advised. we were in this general hall room where we would be put into our respective break out rooms.

and as everyone before me has said before, everyone was super nice! i really was able to connect with my interviewers in terms of what they had to say about my submissions and general feedback.

the conversation with the college student isn’t super important bc it is to calm your nerves, but they are the ones who ask more general questions rather than the next 2 interviewers. This is because they haven’t read anything yet, so just try your best to answer those general questions about why do you want to become a doctor and why sophie davis?

The next 2 interviewers have read your submissions, so they will most likely ask specific questions about those. You will basically have to elaborate on them; just showing them that you are the same person they read about in your submissions.

I hope this wasn’t super redundant, and perhaps helped a bit!

I know everyone says this but you will be the best person to answer questions about yourself and your work so just try to be calm and take a deep breath before answering!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

1 Like

Brooklyn BA/MD results are out. Placed in waiting list.

Same. I’m so disappointed in myself…I thought my interview went well. :frowning:

Did anyone get accepted into the BA - MD program at Brooklyn College? If you did, congratulations!!! :confetti_ball: :tada:

Hey, I can understand how you feel, but don’t be disappointed in yourself. You worked really hard to get to where you are now, especially in a pandemic as a senior. Don’t let this stop your dreams either! Keep going & I hope you do amazing at whatever you put your mind to. :slight_smile:

@InspiredMD you too if you may feel the same way. I wish you the best of luck to you at whatever you choose to do too. :slight_smile:

Thank you, it means a lot :two_hearts:

1 Like

Do they give preference to in state or local to Brooklyn students?

Hey, sorry for the late response. My interview went well. Don’t be nervous. Every single person is so welcoming. Mostly, they want to know about you. Why did you chose to be a dr. Just be yourself. Don’t be freak out. Make sure you join the zoom meeting at least 15 mins nei Foote the interview time as it instructed in the email.Good luck.

For the Brooklyn College BA-MD program? I guess being from Brooklyn is good but I don’t think it’s important. I don’t really know, I mean they did interviews and sent decisions out already so I’m not sure.

Interviewed for Brooklyn BA/MD on 2/26. When do I get the results? I haven’t gotten any emails. Does that mean rejection?

For the people who got results from Brooklyn College, when did you guys interview?

I think they sent out email after all the interviews are done and reviewed.

1 Like

I did the interview on 2/22, they might still be evaluating your decision. I hope you get in!

1 Like

thank you so much!! I just got an email this evening saying that I was wait-listed. At least not a rejection? hehe

Congratulations, :clap: did they say 30 are waitlisted?

1 Like

Same :sweat_smile:

1 Like