Sophie Davis Fall 2021

On top of that I also apply for stony brook medicine program, I received an offer to stony brook general admission, but waiting for the medicine program to rely. God why? can’t we don’t early.

Ohh I applied to the Stony medicine program too and got general admission but not the medicine thing yet. If you feel comfortable tell me about your extracurriculars and I can give you a better idea. If you got got grades in science classes and regents that’s a point in your favor. Also did you take any APs or college classes? If you feel comfortable, share with me and Ill have a better idea. Good Luck! And I’ll pray for you as well

sorry if this isnt exactly related to our discussion it just sucks sophie doesnt send out all the interviews at once. but to answer @so123roc 's question. I know sophie looks for well rounded applicants. as long as u have passion i think ur good. I talked about waitressing for my EC essay and only towards the end did it become slightly more medicine focused! the only thing we can do is wait sadly

2 Likes

Oh wow I just realized that this thread has 4.4k views yet only 13 users responding in it.

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

I take ap English last year, and currently ap calc, bio, lit, and government. All my classes has a grade of 95 above. Extracurriculars are just clubs, working with kids, blood drives and that it

Okay that sounds pretty good! Working with kids shows you have a passion to work with others and if you mentioned the blood drives on your app that is also. I think you have a good chance!

I am literally begging for an interview now, not praying, “begging.”

1 Like

Don’t worry. Don’t lose hope. Interviews conclude by the third week of March. So don’t give up. I wish you good luck.

Yea, I was lucky enough to work in a hospital and conduct Protein Research with a PhD student under Columbia University’s Science Matters Research Program. Still tho im like soooooooo worried lol

1 Like

I’m from Brooklyn, New York :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I got an email from a college saying that they delayed the decision day to April 7th or smth because they got soooo much more applicants this year and my friends told me that their colleges also sent emails like that. Ik the calender said that interviews would start the 26th but that was before they got their applications, so I would not be surprised if interviews end up being delayed because of more applicants and the fact that they’re going to have to look at our essays this year with no SAT.

or maybe they did start giving out invites, but I feel like people would post about that yk

I need to stop thinking about college…

3 Likes

Yeah the sophie Davis application was originally due on January 8th but more applicants was probably why they moved it to December 30th hopefully that makes up for the large volume.

Question: did you guys send your AP scores to colleges (or Sophie Davis)? I didn’t send them to any so far as none required it, but do colleges consider them?

My schools dual enrollment w this college so i dont have any ap scores to send, but colleges do consider ap score if u send them

Yeah colleges do consider them. If you haven’t sent any but you want to, you can use score send on the college board website, it’s free. Yeah same my school was dual enrollment with city college and I took classes there so they already have it but I did write on the applications my AP classes, also they have your transcripts so they already know what AP classes youre taking and yes it helps if they see a good score on it but you can send it anytime.

Also, I just got an acceptance email from Lehman college general admission ( idrc) so apparently cuny has started sending out emails.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I agree with the delayed & all. I wouldn’t be surprised. A lot of schools got more applicants than usual.

Anybody receive emails yet?

Hey y’all!!! Someone in another thread about Sophie Davis, has an interview coming up this week. I just wanted to let y’all know! So basically interviews are now starting. Let’s all just hope & have faith that we get an interview call!!

4 Likes