Southern Methodist University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Thanks.

2 Likes

When are the cox decisions releasing?

Son was deferred <sob!>. SMU is his top choice but didnā€™t know that in time to go ED. Deferral is a bit of a surprise. I donā€™t see anyone else posting deferrals ā€¦ hoping for good news in RD round but also being realistic about other options.

Can you change your application to ED round 2?

3 Likes

From what I can tell, last year EA came on the 17th and Cox decisions came on the 20th

3 Likes

DD accepted, $14k/year merit, 3.8UW, several Honors, no APs. Not waiting on Cox.
Context: deferred TCU, admitted Tulane

1 Like

Has anyone heard back about getting into Cox? My son did get a letter for further scholarship consideration, but no word on Cox.

Does anyone know if Cox students receive an update early in day notifying that Cox decisions will be released that night (like the one received prior to general admission decision)?

1 Like

Cox Decisions are postedā€¦ deferred over here

Just released, I didnā€™t get an email about it or anything. Just posted as an update on my dashboard!

S23 Accepted into the BBA scholars program. So excited and proud. Best of luck to everyone.

Where is the update posted?

In the students SMU portal. My son received an email with a link just around 7 pm

My son just heard he got direct admit to Cox

1 Like

Whatā€™s the difference between Direct Admit and Scholars program?

My understanding is that the Scholars receive scholarship money from Cox. Others can probably confirm and share other differences as well

1 Like

Yes the BBA scholars comes with a scholarship. And direct admit is acceptance to Cox. Congrats to all those accepted. My son went through this process last year and it was a difficult decision making process. Good luck and encourage your student to ask lots of questions to find their right fit.

3 Likes

Thanks @Engineermom27 @Trina_Coleman for your inputs. My daughter received Business Direct confirmation and we have been surprised with underwhelming scholarship offered. She has other confirmed options and thatā€™s where she is leaning now but definitely liked SMU vibe.

1 Like

My son got into the BBA Scholars program with an additional scholarship. He also got the invite to apply for the Presidentā€™s Scholar. We are very excited for him!

1 Like

My son just got deferred. What are the chances at this point? Anyone know the process or odds of getting in after a deferral? TIA

1 Like