Southern Methodist University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Same question here. It is supposed to be mid February.

Same question here. How will they notify students?

Last year, they were notified via email.

Any estimate on when RD releases? ED II shows By March 1st, yet they released yesterday (2 weeks early) and RD shows By March 15th, so could we expect is late February or early March possibly?

Email from Hunt. Not selected as finalist.

Anybody received letter for Presidential scholars interview? Only those invited to interview will be notified.

1 Like

Anyone receive the Presidents scholar interview email to verify this ^^^^^^.

No, nothing about Presidential yet

My son has a high school friend who claims to have received a PS invite this week. That’s the first I’ve heard.

1 Like

Yes. Received in mail but oddly did not receive email.

Got it today.

Through email or physical mail?

1 Like

Did you end up receiving an email?

If you’re curious about hunt or presidential invites, perhaps you should just log in and check your status. Perhaps it’s in there?:woman_shrugging:t2: Just a thought

I checked nothing there yet

You got the notification from snail mail only? What state are you in?
Just wondering if I should give up hope.

I sent some documents to SMU along with a LOCI in early Feb to the email that was mentioned in the newsletter but I still have not received a confirmation email or an update in my application status. Anyone else have an idea if they have received it but just not update it by any chance?

Hope you received an invite. I called the office of scholarship and aid and they said that all finalists have been notified of next steps. I sadly did not receive anything -despite being sent notification of my selection as both an Honors College and BBA Scholar- but they have made this decision easier for me to go elsewhere. Especially since I have since received generous offers to higher ranked T20 schools.

1 Like

It’s the same way my family is starting to see it as well! Good luck!

1 Like

Can someone let me know when the SMU decisions get released? According to the newsletter in Feb, apparently Cox takes a week extra to decide if you get admitted there as well? I didn’t really understand that part

2 Likes