Standardized testing question??

I was reading over the admissions website and came across their standardized testing policy for admissions.

It says, “if you take the test more than once, please ensure that the testing agency sends all of your scores so that we have your best performance on record. The Admission Committee will consider all official test scores from multiple test dates. We will use the highest composite score from among each test that you’ve taken. This is called super scoring. There is no limit to the number of test scores you may submit to us for your application.”

Does this mean we are required to send each individual test or that we can send more than one test for super scoring. By the time i apply i will have three ACT scores and one SAT score and it will cost a lot to send. However, one of my ACT scores is higher in ever subsection than my other and I have not received my third one back yet. I know i can email them but this may be faster. Overall, is it required to send all scores or just the highest ones? Thank you

@pitt2021

“Does this mean we are required to send each individual test?” Yes

By the way, the SAT charged per school, not per test, for sending scores. If cost is an issue, ask for a fee waiver from the College Board.

@londondad so if I took act 3x and sat once, I have to send all four?

I just reread the requirements on the UM website. I think that you can choose to send EITHER SATs or ACTs. Therefore, you should send either your 3 SATs or your 1 ACT, but not both SATs and ACTs. You may want to email the Admissions office to check, however.