Straight 'A's in IB: A Myth?

@12345n‌ Oh. I really like learning languages…

@fflzataraa‌ @Catmatmc‌ THANKS!!

I’m a straight A and proud. I have a great social life as well… Just no sleep though. Gauging by the As/ A+s I make, I’d make a 45 and Im REALLY hoping to get there this May. Ive got hard HLs, but I work hard enough to keep Physics HL at a 90% + because my school’s system is non GPA calculating, no IB points shown on the transcript and well, I just hate anything below a B on my reports and I steer clear from them.

@jazzdancer2102‌ NO SLEEP!!! WHAT?? I cant survive then…

@what2dowithlife‌ I’ve been awake for more than 30 hours now pulling off a study session for physics HL and finishing my theatre portfolio. kill me.

@jazzdancer2102‌ I wont kill you, peer pressure isnt going to get to me! But is it possible to die of lack of sleep?? Cuz I might…

This is goals right here, I’m in MYP trying to figure out my personal project

In my experience, if you manage your time, you won’t have to go 30 hours without sleep to get straight As. I remember when some of my friends were pulling all nighters to finish the HL Psych IA, and I had mine pretty much finished because I’d been plugging away at it. I had nights I didn’t get a lot of sleep, but I didn’t go sleepless, I kept up my social life, played a varsity sport, was section leader in wind ensemble, and sunk ~200 hrs a year into tech crew. And then my first semester of college seemed ridiculously easy. It paid off. I was really well prepared for college.

IB parent here. IB students all have a very busy schedule and a never ending to do list. There are deadlines every week for various subjects. You have a few IA per subjects over the 2 years DP program and the average time a student put in for a good IA is 12 hours. College wants to see a student taking the most challenging courses, so getting a 7 in Math Studies is very different from a 7 in Math HL. Chinese students taking Chinese as the second language is considered taking the easy way out. College knows what is really behind a predicted 45. A typical week can be filled with HL math test, IA draft due for physics, TOK essay draft due and a chemistry lab report plus band rehearsal and other club activities. But I think IB DP prepared students very well for College.