Student death at Geneseo.

<p>Local</a> - 13WHAM.com</p>

<p>Pretty shameful, and an awful death however no sorrows for me as it said it was a death due to alcohol.</p>

<p>That's terrible. Sorrows from me because a death is a death--the pain is the same for the family. All it takes is one stupid decision on one night to end in death. Scary thought.</p>

<p>Wow,blazinreaper your attitude is shameful. Drinking deaths can and do happen on college campuses every year and while they are tragic , avoidable deaths , how can you say "no sorrow". A bright, young person needlessly loses his life and you say" no sorrow." I am glad you are so sure you will never make a tragic, immature decision. Your attitude is callous , arrogant and obnoxious.</p>

<p>You really have to calm down; I didnt mean it such a way to offend anyone. The accident was just so reckless, i was speechless when creating this topic.</p>

<p>My heart goes out to the family. This is why I agree with the 150+ College Presidents who want the drinking age reduced to 18. Right now we have binge drinking, and kids are afraid to call 911 if there is a problem. We have turned a medical and physcological problem into a legal problem.</p>

<p>cuz this is the first student to die from alcohol poisoning at any college, right? =.=</p>

<p>No, precisely becuase he wasnt the first, that is why the "Amethyst Intitative", sponsered by many college presidents is looking for other solutions. The 21 age for drinking has not solved the problem.</p>

<p>i think they shouild lower it. look at the european countries the age is lower and they've learned to manage themselves accordingly</p>

<p>Lowering the drinking age wouldn't do anything but move the binging problem to a lower age range, when kids' minds are even more at risk of being permanently damaged by alcohol. The "no drinking age" thing works in Europe because there have been traditions concerning alcohol for hundreds of years; that's not something you can replicate in the US overnight. Setting up penalty-free helplines for alcohol poisoning and mandatory information sessions on how to stay safe would be a much better bet, in my opinion.</p>

<p>bluesquaremoon- I agree with you. It's so foolish to argue that because European countries have low drinking ages that it would be as succesful here in the US. Like you said, those countries have well established traditions and cultures in which alcohol is managed as a drink, not a means to become intoxicated. And for those who say that the raising ofthe drinking has not helped, do a little bit of research and you'll find that since the raising of the drinking age has saved countless lives in relation to traffic related accidents etc. It hasnt solved the problem because the problem isnt the alcohol its the kids that abuse it.</p>

<p>touche. thanks, good point with the traditions (sincerely.) wtreed, plz don't call it foolish, i just never thought of it that way, no need to be harsh.</p>

<p>I have nothing to add but concur with you guys. Great answers.</p>