Study Abroad Cancelled - now what?

Yes - cancelled due to a lack of students signing the final form. She was told earlier it was on but I guess half didn’t commit financially.

She meets with a study abroad advisor tomorrow to talk about affiliate alternatives.

I’m simply asking others if they know of any short term through their experiences - shaking the leaves a bit.

If the Maymester doesn’t happen, it’s not the end of the world. But if I find a suitable sub, it’s great.

You never know who’s kid went for three weeks to study something in a similar realm.

If there aren’t any, it’s ok too.

No it’s not required. A semester is (the other thread). But this would have been Asian exposure for her - she’ll likely do her semester in Europe. And the two classes fit into her remaining requirements nicely.

So timing wise (time to come home and intern), academically, and exposure wise, this was a win.

If she doesn’t go, she’ll have a job / internship hopefully and take the second half of geology for her science general Ed. Took the first half last year.
Thx.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully the folks at her college will also have some ideas. But thankfully, this isn’t required…so not a crisis. A disappointment for her…but not a crisis.

Your last sentence exactly.

I wonder why - and she’ll ask tomorrow - all the in state publics don’t team up in their programs.

I’m sure lots of these trips miss an attendance threshold.

And perhaps…if the Maymester doesn’t happen, and she lands a summer job…she might be able to start work a little earlier.

API study abroad has a China summer study this summer. Not sure if the dates work for your daughter. My kid did two study abroad programs run by API (one summer program through her university and a semester directly through API) and both were excellent and well-run.

1 Like