Summer camps with focus of Finance/Stock Markets

Hello,

Any recommendations for selective high school summer programs with a focus on Finance/Stock Markets?

We are aware that application deadlines for this summer have already passed and we are looking into it for next summer.

Thanks so much!

I am also interested in next year. I thought UPenn has great summer programs. It is really expensive though.

1 Like

I don’t know how selective these programs are, but Wake Forest has two options that might be of interest:

1 Like

We are looking into Upenn programs, though as you have mentioned, they are very expensive :frowning: We also wonder how selective the Upenn program is.

Thanks so much for sharing the info. It looks like a very nice program directly related to stock trading.

2 Likes

My S24 did the finance and investment one at Wake and loved it and his fellow students. It was a defining moment for his interests as far as we can tell. He also did Wharton Global entrepreneurship program and did not enjoy it or the fellow students.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback. I wonder if Wharton Essentials of Finance would be a better experience. Did he think that Wake Forest was more selective hence a better set of fellow students?

No, exactly the opposite. He liked Wake because he found his fellow participants to be smart and interested but normal and fun to be around and lead. He led one of the stock pitch teams and his team won, and had fun doing so. The participants in the Wharton program were too international for him and it was difficult for him to connect with the kids. Reality is that prestige and competitiveness are absolutely irrelevant for these programs; none will get you into college anywhere. You want to provide the kid with the best possible environment for him to evaluate the substance of the program as a potential career. This is not about learning cutting edge investment strategies or being surrounded by the most competitive kids.

1 Like

Well summarized. Thank you so much for taking the time for detailed information on the experience of both programs. It is really helpful.

1 Like