SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I don’t believe I’ve seen any SOM EA decisions yet.

The waiting is so hard. They must do them in batches. I think I prefer the one day answer! Does seem to be some regional nature to it because no one in my son’s school had heard either (as far as we knew).

1 Like

So your son as far as you know was the only one who heard back in his school? Others in his school still waiting?

He hasn’t shared if anyone else heard last night but we were asking around and we hadn’t heard anyone in the area that had heard. He’s a high stat kid and I started to worry a bit.

I think it is random. Some have heard back in our area and others still waiting. Even those with same majors. I am guessing the system randomizes who get responses based on admin counselor, regardless of major.

1 Like

Agree, several in my daughter’s school, high stat kids including the salutatorian, heard back in November/December, but they all applied to Harpur. My daughter is also a high stat kid, and I am nervous but, unlike her classmates, she applied to SOM. Her friend from another school got in to Watson last night.

1 Like

Still waiting as well - my daughter is a high stats kid. We’re in NYC. Wondering if the change to do “tuition reciprocity” (or whatever it’s called) with some other states made it harder for New Yorkers this year. But congrats to all who have heard and been accepted!

1 Like

I agree! Someone posted that Admissions said they come out in batches randomly which seems to make sense given what people are sharing!

1 Like

Bing said they do NOT participate on the out of state tuition matching. Are you waiting for Harpur? Which major?

accepted EA - applied free week.
Harpur
NYC public specialized high school with MANY applicants to Bing (many heard before us; many still waiting)
Does not seem to be rhyme or reason for how these are rolled out.

Good luck to all who are still waiting. I don’t think you can read anything into the way these are released, as far as I can tell.

5 Likes

Has anyone heard of denials being posted yet? my dd’s application complete sentence is all of a sudden missing.

That is a sign you will get a decision tonight. Where are you located?

2 Likes

Westchester. Have you heard of denials?

1 Like

My daughters Application Complete is missing now too as of this afternoon. Also her SAT page is blank.

is your dd TO? mine is and the sat page says this: You have indicated that you do NOT wish to have scores reviewed. No further action is required.

I heard of a few but heard of far more acceptances and deferrals.

Sons “application complete” is now missing, but the SAT page says : You have indicated that you do NOT wish to have scores reviewed. No further action is required.

Did this happen to other who got decisions already?

1 Like

we have exactly the same and I can’t remember if the SAT page always said that??

Where are you from? Trying to see if they are doing this by location.

1 Like

Where are you from? Trying to see if they are doing this by location?

2 Likes