SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My portal did not go blank today and I’m Rochester NY area.

I’m rooting for you @briana3000 !!!

Me too! Did your portal change today?

Nope :frowning:

1 Like

One of my students north of NYC was notified yesterday. Admitted to Harpur.

No portal change. Also in Rochester, NY.

no portal change. We are on LI

1 Like

No portal change - NYC

No portal change. Westchester

I was deferred yesterday - from ny

1 Like

From which school within Bing? Was Bing a reach for you?

My twin daughters go to different high schools in NYC. They got into Watson Colleg e of Engineering on January 4 th.
Twin A - 97.5 weighed average , 1540 SAT and four 4 and one 5 on AP.
Twin B - 94.5 unweighted average, 1580
SAT and two 4s and three 5s on AP

1 Like

Curious to see if those who got deferred did not submit SAT scores.

1 Like

Just found this board while researching early action deferrals. Son got deferred early action at Bing three days ago. NYC Specialized HS 1450 SAT. Shocked. He got into Stony Brook literally days after applying. Reading through thread though, credentials seem extremely high at Bing, at least those replying here. Anyone have any insight on deferrals eventually getting accepted?

I read it also depends which school and major at Bing you apply to. Which one deferred your son and which major? Like comp sci and nursing defer the most.

Which major? My son is a comp sci applicant also at a NYC Specialized HS and we have yet to hear back.

We are OOS and my son and several friends got in with lower stats than many I have seen here getting IS deferrals. My guess is that once the OOS acceptances turn in to no thank you’s many of your amazingly qualified kids will get in. We are visiting in the next month or two because honestly I was not expecting he would get in and so we never went for a tour. So now he wants to visit. Hang in there.

Both my daughters attend specialized high schools . They just attend different ones.

2 Likes

Yes , I heard that deferrals get admitted . I also heard that SUNYs like public high schools, especially specialized high schools. Hang in there :slight_smile:

1 Like