Syracuse Class of 2027 Official Thread

I was coming to write this too - daughter accepted but only looking at admissions portal, no merit mentioned. I’m not sure if she set up MySlice yet or not.

Waitlisted at Maxwell. This was her top choice.

My son was admitted to Newhouse, but they offered no aid. Syracuse is the most expensive of the 8 schools where he has been admitted and the only one to not offer any financial or merit aid. NPC indicated he would get some aid. This is a let down.

1 Like

DD Accepted Falk
OOS - Maryand

We are looking at the admitted student day options.
Can anyone explain the diference between an Admitted Day Campus Visit vs. Admitted Student Event?

1 Like

It was in her letter

1 Like

Same - no merit. But I don’t think financial aid letters have been released. Not sure how long they take.

I don’t think financial aid has come out yet?

congratuations! stats?

1 Like

Others (on another group) are saying that the merit is in the letter of acceptance. If nothing mentioned then assume no merit. Financial aid info not yet posted.

4 Likes

You won lottery with UR good luck. It’s a wonderful institution to people who can afford. Many not happy with FA but in your case it worked out, don’t let it go.

FALK - Nutritional Science
3.93UW/4.34W
TO
loads of EC’s and 3 Varsity Sports

Ugh, well if that’s the case then Syracuse is out of the running, cannot afford, not by a mile :sob:

same letter for my D

Congrats to all celebrating acceptances!!

My D was waitlisted at Newhouse. She accepted her spot on the waitlist but is mentally moving on.

2 Likes

Holy Cow! DD waitlisted to Syracuse. She got into Hamilton (11% acceptance last year), full tuition plus year of room and board at Bama, full tuition at Pitt. How does this even make sense :joy::joy::rofl:
Submitted 36 ACT, 4.0, unique high level EC’s, excellent recs from a top 10 boarding school. Can you say yield protection?

2 Likes

What was the GPA and SAT?

What was the GPA & SAT?

The “check your portal” email came in at 1:43 PDT and the financial aid letter came in a separate email at 2:32 PDT.

charlie1515 - What was the GPA/SAT?

The financial aid letter came in a separate email about an hour later.