TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@dfw1212 you’ll probably hear back in the first week or so of February. Hopefully sooner. While yes mays is full, Econ is an awesome degree if you’re wanting something like finance. My son loves it. Your act is great. Rank may hurt but extra curricular are solid too. Best of luck. Wish you well.

@Dutchesmom was she only offered Galveston? Or was she given the choice of academy as well in Bryan? I’m sure @thelma2 will weigh in. For me Galveston is full admit just at a different location the first year. A lot of students really like it there. Smaller classes, campus etc. tell her there are many that envy her position right now! Congrats and best of luck on making y’all decision. Research it well and it’ll fall into place.

Also, not sure if I missed this but do @Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp work in the admissions/registrar office?

We are confussed about the decision. We did learn that her advisor was new and didn’t explain that she had to submit her college transcript seperatly so they have no idea she will already have an associates. We just learned this three days ago.

Her SAT was 1300
No ACT

She has trig done, pre cal done

She applied in Oct

I applied Communications as first choice major and then to women’s and gender studies for second which are both under the liberal arts college. I am hoping to double major (if they accept me haha and if they offer), but am getting a bit nervous because of how many people are getting capped. Do you know how competitive these majors are? Thank you !! @AggieDreamin

We are just curious about the Galveston campus does anyone know how it is viewed!

Hey all. Chief Pablo back at it again. I asked earlier if I would be considered academic admit because I sent in my highest ACT past the application deadline. Anyways, I don’t know if this means I was considered auto or not but I got my acceptance today! Fingers crossed for engineering honors!

Yes it is full admit

The other offer was the McAllen campus.
A&M Higher Learning Center in McAllen.

We also do not know anything about that campus.

@nervoussenior12356 major is irrelevant for freshman. You’ll be accepted then placed in majornif available. Does that make sense? For transfers it’s totally different.

@Dutchesmom pleaae see my question above. And Galveston is not viewed less than at all. It’s a great option. And admissions looked at her whole transcript/package unless you sent it in latee than deadline

@aspiringaggie lol no we do not. Just years of experience and contacts plus historical data. We do our best to help but can never be positive. Things change all of the time. Keeps us on our toes.

I am sorry, what was your question?

@Dutchesmom : CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DAUGHTER RECEIVING ADMISSIONS TO TAMU GALVESTON!!

This is a FANTASTIC offer, she will be considered a FULL AGGIE! She will simply start out taking classes at the Galveston campus, from full TAMU professors, with smaller classes and therefore with more access to the profs. That is a win win situation!

I don’t have a child in Engineering, but this forum has a wealth of info and has educated me on how great is is to be offered TAMU GALVESTON for Engineering! It is simply a space issue, there are not enough seats in CStat for all of the highly qualified students who want to be an Aggie. And TAMU wants everyone to be successful so they try hard to place students where they think they will thrive.

(Neither of my daughters were/are Engineering. One of my daughters was Full Admit after review for HS 2012 and the other was TAMU-Blinn TEAM for HS 2017 and that turned out to be the best fit for both of them.)

Please check out the official TAMU info on the offer of Galveston for Engineering to familiarize you and your family with the official info, including the requirements for transitioning to the CStat campus.

And please search this forum for the wealth of info on Galveston. There is a parent with a son who is currently in the Galveston Engineering program who has started a thread and will have accurate and current info.

And even though your daughter will start out on the Galveston campus, if she accepts the offer and fulfills the requirements, she will finish up in CStat, her diploma and ring will be from TAMU. She will have the respect and honor and network connections achieved by all Aggies. It is where you finish that counts the most. :slight_smile:

Again, it is simply a space issue. The ONLY people who think that a Galveston offer (or Blinn-TEAB, Blinn-TEAM, or Gateway offer) is “less than” are those who don’t know all of the details. No one in Aggieland cares, they know that it is a space issue.

@Dutchesmom My son is in Galveston this year with 400+ other first-year engineers. The professors have been quite good, and my son really likes it there. Your daughter was offered a space for her engineering potential. Please see the Class of 2023 Engineering at Galveston thread for some info about the campus and program. Ask me anything, anytime. Please give your daughter our sincere congratulations.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess for me personally I worry about the actual campus, safety etc…

We decided to make a quick trip down there this weekend to check out the area since she has to accept and apply for housing right away. I hope she likes it. She has been saying since she was very young she was going to A&M when she grew up and that has been her goal over the years.

Do you know if she will get into the games at college station as a student? She loves sports and wants to be part of that for the overall college experience.

I am sorry I am not familiar with how to find the thread you suggested. Can you help with where I go.

She can go to games just like any other student, but they have to drive there.
That campus is safer than CS in my view. They are isolated from Galveston by a causeway, and many students have given it high marks for its safety. She can be happy there. Please give it a chance, yes.

@Dutchesmom I don’t mean to speak out of turn but I think the forum about Galveston she is talking about is http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2123914-class-of-2023-tamu-engineering-at-galveston.html
@MomHopesNxtGenAg please correct if I am wrong :slight_smile:

Yes, that is the thread, thank you, @AggieDreamin.

My son’'s roommate had tremendous scores and a number of AP credits from well-regarded Flower Mound HS. My son was an AP scholar with distinction. These students were just a bit clueless about their early high school grades and couldn’t get to top 25% or top 10% by graduation in their large schools. Remember that engineers are some of the highest scoring applicants, and there’s just not enough room in College Station at the beginning.
Your daughter would speak with the Engineering at Galveston advisor, Anna Budvitis, about her dual credits when she registers this summer. She will have to take math, science, and engineering from A&M each semester, and her degree plan will have some requirements that her AA degree will not cover. It is a good opportunity. Every year, it’s tough when students get these offers. I know. But take time to check it out.

@Dutchesmom question was if she was offered the option of Blinn academy as well. Or just given gakveston.

Also they may have game day shuttles to the game. Not sure if that’s true but when we toured a couple of years ago they mentioned it.

Galveston and McAllen