TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2
Could someone chance me? I haven’t heard anything and am getting anxious!
When did you apply: 10/27
When did you get your UIN: 10/31
When did you receive your admission decision: In Review
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Allied Health
Class Rank: 1st
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1260, 670 Math, 590 Reading
4.0 GPA at a very competitive in state school, with lots of extracurriculars, leadership, and work, including marching band, various clubs, and community service
Hoping for at least Blinn Team and good luck to all of y’all still waiting!

@DestinationTAMU Howdy! With a 40% ranking and lower than average test scores, full admit is a stretch. No one has received team offers yet, so it’s hard to say where she falls with that. The ranking is what hurts the most I think. If her test score was just low but yet passed all AP exams, I would say she would be a great Gateway candidate. BUT the ranking shows how she competes against her peers. I hope for the best though and even if not offered any of these, many students that really really want TAMU, move up here and go to Blinn for a year and make an easy transfer over to TAMU campus. She appears to be well rounded and will do well wherever she goes.

@2023futureaggie I think you have a decent shot of getting some type of offer. Where do you fall in your rank of 1Q?

the magical 6 tabs are in the “biographical information” - right? (just checking…LMAO! Getting desperate over here!!)

@rdhdstpchld They are at the top left corner if using the web…starts with 3 tabs (Home, Applicant, My Howdy)…if your are using the mobile site you need to click on the three lines in left corner and it will open the tabs to the left. Good luck!

the magical 6 tabs are in the “biographical information” - right? (just checking…LMAO! Getting desperate over here!!)

Oh wait – DUH I think ive finally seen it now - I was looking in “manage applications” seeing the biographical info and hoping to see 6. LOL. I’ve truly gone 'round the bend here…

@AggieMomhelp I go to a non ranking high school so it just lists me in 1Q.

OH gotcha. Keep us posted on what happens please!!

@BornAndRaisedAg CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter and Happy Birthday to her. What a gift!
She sounds like she will be a definite asset to the Corps.

I heard about another A&M applicant joining the Corps today from a friend that received 6 tabs this morning.

Howdy! I’ve been waiting for an admission decision since July and I was hoping to get an idea of what to expect.

When did you apply: July 1st
When did you get your UIN: July 6th
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business
Class Rank: 29%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1350 (700 EBRW, 650 Math)
ACT (with Sub Scores): 30 (32 English, 29 Math, 30 Reading, 29 Science)
Weighted GPA: 4.09

I am a 4 year member of my high school dance team, junior year- new member coordinator and senior year- president. Member of National Charity League. I received several volunteering awards, through student council and other organizations. I served as class president freshman and sophomore year. I’m also a member of several clubs.

@rdhdstpchld I think the 6 tabs applicants we are seeing are Corps related applicants.

@katyaggie Mays Business School is full so if you are admitted, you will be placed in your second choice major. If it is also a business major, you will be asked to chose an open major.

I have no clue about your chances of Full Admissions or Blinn Team. Record number of applications and a 20K admissions offers out already with a reported 2000 left to go. Who will get those? It’s a wait and see.

@BornAndRaisedAg Congratulations and Happiest of Birthdays to your daughter!

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp the link to the article you posted was good info, thanks! What I couldn’t tell from it is whether the 2,000 review admits are full only or full + BT etc - unless I missed it. Was that clarified somewhere or mentioned in the meeting you went to?

Full admit is my understanding.

Howdy again everyone, Chief Shah here. So from what I am seeing if your not auto or academic admit they still consider you beyond your first and second choice. Is that correct? Im top 12% and really want to get into A&M. Also do they consider 12% or is everyone in the first quarter equal? Thank you!

@chiefshah134 from what I understand, review admits are 1Q, 2Q, 3Q etc without any regard to actual rank. Although I do wonder if they see actual rank. Who knows for sure what they see but I read that you are lumped into quarters.

@chiefshah134 @JaceyK I believe 1Q,2Q, and 3Q are only if you’re school doesn’t rank. If a rank is provided, they look at that. If not, they assign 1Q, 2Q, and 3Q.

Does anyone know if what was offered today in fin aid/scholarships is it? Only and final offer?

So I called CSTAT today and they said that letters were sent out on Monday and howdy will update soon. For those who got admitted this week, did you guys receive letters in the mail as well?

@applicantmom , I don’t know, but I hope not since the only thing showing for my daughter is loans.