TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Thelma2 @Aggiemomhelp You are the best and very much appreciated! To all of those out there waiting with us, I raise the wine glass in my hand to you
and wish everyone the best of luck and a lot of prayers! Get some rest! ???

Hi, I was wondering if you could let me know my chances of any admission plan!
When did you apply: Oct. 12
When did you receive your admission decision: couple days after
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Public health 2nd business
Class Rank: 7/62 1st percentile
SAT 1050 (very low)
ACT n/a
GPA 3.79
My daughter is a member of NHS and is the treasurer, involved with student council, will graduate with 39 college credit hours (all transferable to A&M) , played varsity sports for three years, and is heavily involved with volunteer hoursā€¦

@camyrd soooo close to auto admit. I know they look at that. Yes sat is pretty low for tamu. My niece had almost the exact same stats 2 years ago and was accepted full admit. But who knows this year. That rank shows she competes well with her peers but doesnā€™t do well on standardized tests. Hopefully admissions acknowledges that. Keep us posted. Best of luck. Wherever she ends up Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll do well!

Okay - Iā€™m going to post Daughter info in hopes someone may give me some hope! So tired of waiting.

When did you apply: July
When did you get your UIN: July
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science
Class Rank: 1st Q
SAT (with Sub Scores) n/a
ACT (with Sub Scores) 28
GPA 3.92
Tons of volunteer hours at animal shelter and with a nursing home. Classical ballet dancer for extracurricular-Dance team, NHS, various clubs/organizations.

Any hope for full admit? She wonā€™t do BlinnTeam.
Thank you and bless you all as you wIt too!

@bellaire2828 my son last year was 1Q at 14% with 28 act. He got full admit. Soooo I hope thatā€™s still good enough to get in. Do you know where she falls in rank or did tamu assign quarter?

Team is a great option. Whatā€™s her other school choice if not full admit?

Non-ranking school so they placed her in 1Q. She is not as nervous as me! Her second choice is university of Colorado (she got in and they gave her a scholarship to help make tuition more ā€œin-stateā€ ) I would much prefer she stay closer to home though (live in Houston and husband is an Aggie). I feel like she is right there at the point of the decision going either way!

I think her not wanting to go to Blinn is because so many of her friends got into UT full admit so she feels like if she does not get TAMU full admit that she isnā€™t as smart as them and sheā€™d rather go full admit somewhere else ??

You all are AWESOME on here answering all our questions. Thank you so much for your time and encouragement!

Anyone wake up to six tabs?!

Not me, but then again isnā€™t the range of time 7-7:30 that it would update?

Not me

@tamu23plz @stillhopeful581 @nervoustamumommy be sure to check your ais for an offer not just your howdy.

No change in Howdy nor AIS this morning

@DaughterEngineer no change in ais

Nothing here either

Nothing here. This is getting cruel.

Nothing. Maybe later today? Iā€™m not sure if they release at certain times of the day.

nothing for us! This is so frustrating!

Nothing here either. Iā€™m feeling so anxious.

No change in either this morning !! Iā€™m checking frequently and my daughter keeps rolling her eyes hahaā€¦

No changes this morning for us too

I really hope that we all hear back soon. I was accepted into Arkansas & given a wonderful scholarship. Roommate selections start on the 5th. Iā€™d really like to hear back before then. I really want to go to A&M but Iā€™m tired of waiting (so are my parents).