TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Anyone from Engineering admitted to TAMU yet? I know all Engineering students are review but was wondering if anyone had been admitted yet? AIS says his application “is under review” and my kiddo should be auto admit into TAMU. If his major says Engineering review does that mean he has been admitted to TAMU formally but is just under review for engineering? Thanks

@aggiemom4boys , my daughter’s Howdy went to 6 tabs a little while ago and now it says Engineering Review. She is applying to Computer Science. I was able to go in and put a deposit down for her housing even though her page says “My App is complete and in review”. I’m just stuck on what to do about the LLP essays. I’m not sure if I can log out or what. I certainly am not writing any essays/100-200 word answers!

oops!

@TXRunningMom Congratulations! Did you go to the howdy portal and student life to apply for housing? thanks

@Eggscapgoats , yes! It took WAY longer than I was expecting and it was very picky about how your type your telephone number, etc.

My son is Engineering, Auto Admit, and he FINALLY got 6 tabs this morning; he has the same changes that other Engineering majors have mentioned: major changed to Engineering Review, Undeclared in Howdy Portal.

I hope that official acceptance comes soon!

My son is Auto Admit / Engineering and has 6 tabs today. He also now has college “undeclared” and major “engineering review”…but still says in review. Whoop one step closer:)… Will he be able to sign up for NSC while we wait? So sorry if this has been answered already…I have looked through Howdy and did not see a path to that?

I am so excited for all of these future Aggies:)

@AggieCorpMom2023 , Congratulations! What is NSC?

I started a post about c/o 2023 engineering admits - http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2101021-tamu-class-of-2023-engineering-admission-decisions-p1.html?new=1

Can anyone tell me what the most popular dorm is for incoming freshman who want to live on campus at TAMU? Also, is it ok to go ahead and apply for and pay the deposit, even if your child is still deciding where they want to go to college? We had heard that you can apply and secure a housing spot even if you haven’t accepted the admission yet. Any housing advice would be greatly appreciated!

NSC is new student conference, when they chose their schedule

What are my chances into getting into Mays?
SAT 650 math 680 writing 1330 in total
90/548 top 17%
AP credit in 3 classes
Wrote a good essay but I don’t know if they take that into account
Applied August 8th

My son got six tabs over night. They were on there first thing this morning at 7 a.m. We were able to sign up for housing, but we couldn’t get registered for an NSC yet. AIS has the same changes that others have noted in previous posts (major, college, UNEN, Etc.). It also still says “my app is complete and in review”. That note has not changed, and major says “engineering review”. Now another waiting game for engineering admissions.

@Senioritis_01 as a review applicant, not very good. That is not to say that you won’t be admitted to the university though. Mays only accepts 1000 freshman and those spots usually are filled before review admissions decisions start rolling out, around mid-late Nov/Early Dec. Even auto/Academic admits are turned away from Mays and placed in their second choice or asked to pick from an open major if they apply after Mays if full.

@thelma2 I heard that mays set aside 200 seats for review admits and what about Blinn team for bussiness? Thank you though for your response

This is driving me nuts as a mom of an “engineer”. My daughter is an auto-admit (currently #1 in her class). I was expecting the admit notification that said she was in the university but under Engineering Review. Several of her friends have gotten their notifications but they aren’t trying for engineering. A&M isn’t my daughter’s #1 choice school, but since I’m an Aggie, I’m still trying to persuade her! lol

When did you apply: 7/15/2018
When did you get your UIN: 7/18/2018
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/20/2018
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science, AG
Class Rank: 56/596
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1310 (Reading 670, Math 640)
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A

So so excited!

For those of you who were able to apply for housing and your student is under 18 … how long did it take for the contract to be emailed to a parent to electronically sign? Thank-you!

@Eggscapgoats , the email came within a few minutes.

@CamandCam Thank-you!