TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Help!! I forgot to add one of my senior year courses (Macroeconomics) to my application, which could affect my auto admission. Can this be fixed??

@MamaLaRay , this is my daughter exactly! Same deal. (Except Iā€™m not an Aggie). What engineering is your daughter applying to and what are her other school choices? Hopefully, they will hear something SOON!

For any six tab applicants who have not been admitted yet, has anyone been able to register for NSC yet?

@CamandCam , tell me about the NSC. Is this also something that needs to be signed up for right away for a timestamp or to get better classes or something?

Man I step away for a bit and yā€™all are flooding the thread. So fun to read though!!!

@TXRunningMom NSC can be signed up for whenever it best fits your schedule. Earlier conferences do not necessarily get the best schedules. They roll out new class sections and times all summer. Everyone should get a good schedule. The advisors make sure of it.

@Senioritis_01 That is definitely false. Mays hold open zero positions. It fills up as people accept. I know people with extremely high connections and they couldnā€™t help their daughter who was early admit review candidate. Fills up just that fast. So frustrating, I know. My son was accepted Dec. round and he went into Econ instead. Great major tho.

Congrats again to all of you new Aggies or Aggie parents. Itā€™s such a great school and community.

Wow! Daughter got admissions today (Cell and Molecular Biology as an academic admit)! We already did the NCS registration and housing contract. But, she had to leave before we could go over the LLC stuff. Iā€™ve left the computer open, but can we come back to it later? I think someone else posted this question but I didnā€™t see a response yet. Thanks!

@chemengmom Iā€™m pretty sure you can update it as much as you want til the spring. You can get back in as many times as needed.

THANK YOU! ?

Weā€™ve signed up for housing and NSC. Still not able to access the email. Iā€™ll guess weā€™ll give it till Monday then contact them if we still arenā€™t able to.

@TXRunningMom , New Student Conference is a two-day orientation for all new undergrads. During NSC, they also take their math placement exams. When you are able to register for NSC, make sure that you pick an NSC that includes her college. Not all colleges participate in every NSC. I think we have to be admitted first before we can register for NSC, just having six times is not enough.

Why would someone NOT apply for permanent Housing status when paying $75? Confused by the languageā€¦

@TXRunningMom , my sonā€™s AIS just changed from ā€œin reviewā€ to ā€œyouā€™ve been admittedā€. However it also says that his NSC registration will be delayed until the College of Engineering review has been completed. Bummer.

@CamandCam There are soooo many NSC times. Way more than 6. They have 2 to 3 per week. Also Math placement exams are only taken by Engineering students and my math. Not sure about that one. All others take prior to NSC.

@CamandCam , Congratulations! My daughterā€™s changed too to the ā€œWelcome to the Aggie Familyā€! Yay! Pfew! Glad that wait was pretty short!

my sonā€™s AIS just changed from ā€œin reviewā€ to ā€œyouā€™ve been admittedā€ also. But does that actually means we are not sure if he is accepted on the main campus as of yet (pending engineering review). Just for housing purposes. Thank you again for all the help navigating!

@AggieMomhelp , Sorry, I should have proof read better. I meant to say six tabs instead of six times. Darn voice to text gets me everytime. ? Thanks for the correction.

@BB1724 , Iā€™m no expert and Iā€™m new to this, but I believe that he is accepted to the Texas A&M College Station main campus, but he is not admitted to engineering yet. If he doesnā€™t get admitted to engineering, he could select a different major and attend at A&M college station. Otherwise, he would have to choose a different pathway or a different college for engineering. Now that he is admitted, he can sign up for housing and select his housing preferences, etc. New Student Conference registration is not available for engineering review applicants yet. If I have this wrong, someone please correct me. Thanks

Thank you @CamandCam! :relaxed: that was exactly what I was wondering about for housing because if engineering review and approvals are being held until Oct 15-some popular housing options may be full already. I am assuming they hold all engineering acceptances until they receive all auto and academic admits until that date? Wish the engineering acceptances would be rolling also?

@TXRunningMom , Congratulations to you and your daughter also! This process is stressful enough without yā€™all having to deal with all that non-ranking stuff. Iā€™m so glad it worked out in the end!

Searching back on 2022 class for engineering it looks like alot of them received their engineering admits on 11/21ā€¦?? But anyone please correct me that may have much more knowledge (I am just newbie trying to figure outā€” thank goodness for all the help,