TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Mommmm430 - It can be viewed as a soft rejection because:
1 - You are not actually admitted to TAMU. It is more like a guaranteed transfer.
2 - Many majors are not offered PSA. Some majors at TAMU are highly sequenced. If you don’t start in the major your freshman year, there isn’t much hope.

But if your major is offered it can be an excellent start to your Aggie degree.

@nick34 unless TAMU admissions has changed how they accept students (not based on major), I don’t think you need to change it . Mays is definitely full. Any holistic review candidates that were going to be selected for it, have their admission decision already. A&M always has stated that you’re accepted first into A&M and then they see if your major choice is open. If not then the 2nd choice. If not, then they ask you to choose another major. I saw this happen with several friends for current Aggie Juniors. They had to select a 3rd major or decline offer.

Psychology does fill up fast, almost as fast as Mays. So @user_482783 I’m not surprised you got your 2nd choice (which is still amazing). Do you know your friend’s stats? If you posted them already, I apologize. Just wondering if they were so off that A&M knew they wouldn’t be accepted. Again, it’s just weird they received 6 tabs and got the PSA decision already.

@Mommmm430 It definitely is a positive and so doable. Freshman year flies by! It can be very restrictive on what you take AND not all majors offer it. Team & Gateway are really the only non denial pathways (This doesn’t include engineering where there are other options as well).

@Mommmm430 It is definitely seen as a rejection (maybe not even soft) by some. My daughter was not interested in Blinn team or PSA. Not everyone is a die hard Aggie so it is just another college application and not getting full admit is a rejection.

So, can my son change is major to Ag. Business right now? How would he do that?

So if we are Public Health and still waiting does that effect Blinn-Team or PSA offers down the line? Do they look and see her major doesn’t have a pathway so you don’t get those offers? Or do they give you the offer and then you try to find another major that would fit for those pathways? So like Allied Health instead of Pubiic Health? And isn’t Blinn-Team only general studies? So I guess what I want to know is do you get passed up because of your major for Blinn-Team or last resort PSA? And when PSA is offered does it show all the schools or only some? I hope this is clear.

@Mommmm430 Re. list of PSA schools offered ~ There are 8 system schools & depending on your Stats ( SAT or ACT scores already submitted) you can be offered all or selected ones that are applicable to your student. Your list of system schools will be indicated on the PSA offer.

@JaceyK I agree, I don’t know why she would’ve gotten the 6 tabs if it was PSA… maybe a mistake on A&M’s part? Or maybe since she’d be going to an A&M system school they gave her the 6 tabs like they would if she were to go to Galveston? Not sure how that works though if I’m being honest. I will let y’all know if anything changes.

Also thank you so much!!!

My friends AIS just got updated and she got into economics.

@BlueBayouAZ @TAMUAg I totally agree with both of you. I have a daughter waiting for an engineering decision, with several other great school offers and scholarships out there. I would much rather get the rejection now (if it was coming) then wait another 2 months to get it. Her ultimate school decision is completely relying on the decision she receives from TAMU. Ugh…the wait… :neutral:

@YankeeTexan33 We are in same boat. My DD has been in review since beginning of October!! And we can’t move forward with our 2nd choice until we hear from TAMU. It’s honestly frustrating when I see people with similar stats to my DD and they applied after her and got an answer already.

@reaganarnold we’re waiting on an Economics decision. Do you happen to know your friends stats? Quarter? Test scores?

@chilanga513 it is frustrating… but your daughter has only been in review since October. Imagine the kids who applied in July and still haven’t heard. We just all have to stay positive and hope that it all works out. I agree that it is difficult whether or not to put down deposits for second, or even third choice schools. For a lot of people, including myself, the decision TAMU gives me really does affect where I will end up!

Deposits??? What deposits? Housing? We were wondering about housing and when we should put down deposits to get a place. My DD was accepted to two other schools already in the Major that she wants. I was wondering if we have to go ahead and put a deposit and then forfeit the deposit if she gets accepted to TAMU.

Crossing my fingers for a good full admission outcome coming next week. Looks like from other posts, the bulk of Engineering decisions should come out next week.

I honestly have no clue. Her uncle is an architect, which is why I think she considered it.

I think lots of schools do a great job of hyping up unnecessary deposit deadlines. No kid needs to commit until May. Housing deposits are important for places where housing is at a premium. There is no shortage of housing at TAMU. IME of having kids in three different large state schools, the schools ALL played this game and NONE had housing issues. This is very school dependent. As housing deposits are usually non refundable, look at them as a revenue stream.

We are one of those families who applied in July and are still waiting to make our final school decision based on TAMU. TAMU is my son’s absolute number one and all he has ever wanted to do since 4th grade. Once they say yes it is a done deal.

But - we put deposits down at Tech and OSU. If you dont you move down the ladder for dorm choice and orienation week choice, which can effect selecting classes from what I have heard. He has been offered full tuition scholarhsip to Tech and a few great ones at OSU. He will pass them all up to go to TAMU… I personally like OSU best for him but this is his choice and his dream. This waiting game is so hard to watch him go through. One of his best friends has been waiting to hear from MIT and just got his acceptance and their grades are nearly exactly the same, with my son being slightly better in science and his friend being slightly better in English. That makes my son feel very confident. Fingers crossed he is correct.

Hello Everyone! So were today’s review admits considered a wave for January? Or is there a possibility of a larger wave of full admits this month that were in review? I only know 2 people at my school that were accepted that were review admits. One was an engineering major and the other was a business major. They were both accepted in October. Everyone else that applied to A&M at my school that is a review admit has not heard anything. Most of us all applied super early too. Anyway, if anyone has any predictions, feelings, psychic abilities, or just happens to know when review admits will possibly receive word. Please comment back!

This is so good to hear!! Both times we visiited campus they made a point of telling us that there are more freshmen than dorm space so I am very happy to hear that was hype. That has really been stressing me out.

@Nick34 I believe you can change your major either on AIS or Howdy under manage applications. You may want to have him call and talk to someone in admissions about doing this. I don’t know how it affects admissions. My son changed after he was accepted. He went Ag business (2nd choice major) and then in January flipped to Econ.

@syballa and @hmporter64 Yes there will be spot on campus for those freshmen wanting to live on campus. The hype comes in on where ya live. Hullaballoo flies off the shelf in minutes of the first round of selection. Then modulars. After that, there are commons, ramp style, corridor and apartments (I’m sure I missed a few styles). Just saying, there will be a spot, just maybe not the most desirable depending on the student. But honestly noone complains once they are on campus. It all works out.