TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@aeromom1 , I sent you a pm

Accepted on 9/19/19.

Phase 2 housing: 10/10/19, 8:09 pm

NSC Registration is now available in AIS

Honors program students have their own dorms (university honors is enforced and engineering honors is optional) ā€¦ so should they sign up for the housing at this point?

xiaobaomama2020@ if one applies to Engineer school, is accepted into TAMU, but is not accepted to Engineer school<<<<<<<<<

Make sure you have other applications to schools where admission is guaranteed, TAMU admission without engineering for a student that wants engineering is IMO pointless. Some schools have direct admission to major, but plenty of selective engineering programs donā€™t. What are your sons stats? Other schools applied to?

Daughter #2 received acceptance last night. I just went through all of this last year with my oldest, who is part of Blinn TEAM as a freshman right now. Thatā€™s going great, and we are extremely happy about how things turned out. We waited for awhile and she didnā€™t hear back until 2/14/18.

So, we are thrilled and so thankful not to be riding the same emotional rollercoaster with Daughter #2! Her stats:

When did you apply: 8/6/2019; SRAR linked on 8/9/19
Class Rank: school is non-ranking; TAMU assigned ranking of 1st qtr
SAT: 1420; Reading/Writing=720; Math=720
ACT: Did not take
When did you receive your admission decision: Admitted to Mays Business School on 9/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: 1st choice-Mays Business, 2nd choice - Liberal Arts/International Studies
All honors and AP classes when available
Activities/Awards: Top Math Student in grade x 2 years, Top Science student in grade x 1 year, Citizenship Award for grade x 1 year, Volleyball x 4 years, Basketball x 2 years, Softball x 2 years, Yearbook x 4 years, NHS, various church activities & mission trips

Thank you @Sybylla "TAMU admission without engineering for a student that wants engineering is IMO pointless. " makes sense. So we will wait for the results from the engineering review.

My sonā€™s application went complete on 9/12, and he meets the ā€œacademic admitā€ qualifications. Any idea how long it should take to receive formal notification? Do notices roll out daily, or is it only once a week or something of that nature?

Does anyone know if the number of tabs up on an applicants page means anything this go round?

How many tabs did she have before this? Last year before the acceptance my son had 3 tabs that updated to 6 followed by the Whoop congratulations. My daughter applied and has 6 tabs. I donā€™t know if this means anything?!

So the 6 boxes under the 3 tabs (Home, Applicant, Howdy) Academic success center, study hub, academic writing centerā€¦class search, these donā€™t signify anything?!

When did you apply: 07/23/2019
Class Rank: 60/856 (top 7%)
SAT: 1350
ACT: 29
When did you receive your admission decision: 09/19/2019
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: auto admit
Major/College of Choice: biomedical science

@cpacestx I copied from comment #253.

"To see the tabs -
Log into Howdy, and at the top of the page (above the content) you will see menu tabs. On a mobile device, the tabs are menu drop-down categories at the top left of the screen (3 tabs if still under review, 6 for upcoming acceptances)
The 6 tabs will be labeled: Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy.

My DD was admitted too and now we wait for engineering. Iā€™m trying to find out more info on her chances. Top 6%, All AP classes, highest SAT was a 1400 (M-690, R/W-710) but she also had a 1370 SAT with a 710 in Math.

She has auto-Admit to UT and they have an undergraduate studies option for freshman but what about A&M?

In reading this thread, last years thread, as well as others, there appears to be some conflicting information about how difficult it is to get accepted into Engineering. Does anyone have some information/stats about acceptances to the Engineering program? Just how difficult is it?

^ here are the engineering admission stats.

http://profiles.asee.org/profiles/8221/screen/19?school_name=Texas+A%26M+University

85%.

However you may end up at a satellite campus.

Another interesting readā€¦
https://engineering.tamu.edu/25by25/index.html

I DO not think the asee numbers are reliable as presented. Ask for numbers from TAMU. If the numbers reflect campus alternatives, Blinn and PSA, that needs to be broken down IMO. If CS is the only location in consideration, these ASEE numbers are totally unhelpful. IMO this is especially important for OOS parents to parse. If you pay attention to any of the ASEE numbers, yield would be the one to watch. And history, look at past years, to see how admission stats seem to reflect accounting changes.

Thatā€™s really interesting! Do you happen to have the stats for business admits?

And this is why I am asking the question. Does anyone have some specific experience they can pass along? AggieMomHelp? Anyone?