TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

So I was blessed and got selected for the Regent scholarship. But Texas A&M ‘s tuition is extremely high. Does anyone know any other scholarships I could apply to this late in the year?

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

This site will familiar you with the program. My understanding is 45 hours at Blinn, 15 hours at A&M but any hours you have when graduating HS goes against Blinn hours to minimize them.

1 Like

We are going INSANE also!!! Application completed October 13th, in state political science. My son has gotten accepted to Texas Tech, Baylor, Texas State, UofH, A&M Kingsville, UTSA, UTRGV, TCU, St. Mary’s, St. Edwards, Incarnate Word, TAMIU and was CAP’d at UT. His first choice is TAMU and its the only one we haven’t heard back from yet :frowning: There has been absolutely no movement at all in AIS nor Howdy (no choices either).

6 Likes

@DTxAggie thank you. Will do. Hoping we get 6 tabs soon.

1 Like

@Gigi2003 wow, a Regents Scholarship is huge! Congrats!
Texas A&M is really quite reasonable for a Top Tier public university. Most local scholarship deadlines have passed, or are March 1.
A&M doesn’t stack scholarships, so don’t expect anything else.

1 Like

Congrats for TEAM! That’s awesome!!!

1 Like

I go away for a few hours and come back to more acceptances… YAY! Congrats to all. And for those still waiting, breathe in breathe out.

If you got options, make the decision now and you’ll get your decision quickly.

And definitely didn’t have a code maroon for whatever police thing that was going on, but yes, we do have typical burglaries, drugs and occasional gun shots in town. Pretty safe place to live though, pinky swear!

2 Likes

My daughter applied before Thanksgiving for Forensic/Investigative Science and to the Honors College. She has excellent stats but is applying from out of state, small private school that does not rank. She received Waitlist/Blinn option in mid-January and chose Waitlist Only. My understanding is that, to be considered for the Honors College, you must apply for University Honors Housing by March 1st; however, she can’t apply for housing while on the waitlist. Any advice or reassurances would be much appreciated!

We got an offer for wait list, blin TEAM or both in January. We chose both. Today 6 tabs and Blinn team. Seems like everyone who chooses TEAM as an option, gets it eventually. The waiting is awful though!

2 Likes

I realize this is a dumb question but who in admissions do you contact to see about your status? Have been in review for awhile now. Every other university emailed me with an academic advisor.

If you go onto your AIS and then click on the Howdy tab, it will show you either 3 or 6 tabs. That is a good indication, and as well, your AIS should tell you if you are missing anything that is required. Best wishes!

My DD got her acceptance letter on her portal for Blinn TEAM today! We are so excited for her! She applied for RPTS, was 2nd Qtr, over 600 community service hours, 3.7 GPA, letters of recommendation. Coming from a family of Aggies (both parents, brother and new sister -in-law, and sister) she has been on pins and needles waiting. Thank you, AggieMomhelp for all of your wisdom!

6 Likes

How exciting. Glad the wait is over! Now if she’s living on campus… get phase 1 done ASAP! :smiley:

Oh and my daughter was RPTS with youth development focus. Great program and dept. advisors are amazing.

2 Likes

Done! I am nervous about housing and finding a roommate considering it is so late, though.

@Howdy_Hopeful I don’t believe Housing is available for Forensic honors; University Honors requires freshmen live in UH dorms, but UH and all other honors programs aren’t the same, they each have their own requirements.
Hopefully your student will get a decision from A&M sooner, rather than later. I think I read on campus housing isn’t guaranteed after March 1, so you may need to think about off campus housing-there are plenty of places to live, close to campus. Good luck! Sounds like a cool major!

1 Like

You are not too late. It’s possible you’ll find a roomie with a better time stamp. Don’t look for that. It’s not worth giving up on someone that is compatible. Complete phase 1 ASAP.

2 Likes

Hello! I got the option to choose waitlist, team or both in January, and I chose both. However, I did not hear back as many did. Should I be worried?

Give it a day and it will update. My daughter’s changed Wednesday morning and last night about 11 it changed over to Welcome to Aggieland

1 Like

We are in the same boat … but chose waitlist only.

Thank you! Should we apply for off-campus housing even though not yet admitted?

I was under the impression that University Honors program requires you to live in one of the two Honors Dorm? I think that screenshot was just for the honors program in the school of Forensic Science? Being from out of state, this is all so confusing and overwhelming, wish we had found this thread sooner!