TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Did anyone receive news over the weekend? It seems like things were very quiet, I was hoping something would come out of the “maintenance” on Howdy.

I read on another board that this year TAMU received 55k applications (compared to last year’s 22k) for 11k freshman spots. Are these numbers correct? Is there any hope?

55,000 is correct. The 11,000 spot number? No idea

According to the TAMU Accountability stats:

2020 TAMU College Station Undergraduate (First Time not including Transfers)
42,384 applied
26,397 admitted
10,719 enrolled

Somewhere I think US News, maybe another source, had an article showing the national average to be 15% increase in applications due to test optional. At 55,000 for 2021 that would be a 30% increase in applications from 2020. The 11,000 seems right in line with the past 4 years.

2 Likes

Tamu has been receiving anywhere from 45k to over 50k applications per year. They give out around 20-k22k offers using the algorithm that about 10-11k will accept. They’ve done this for years. They always over extend. Sometimes it yields a freshman class larger than 10k and they readjust the following cycle.

To my knowledge, they are not increasing the class size intentionally. Also, this is why you’re not necessarily “taking” someone’s spot if you hold onto your acceptance and change your mind. They account for this.

Does anyone know when the last time is a student got accepted into full time admit without having been given the team/waitlist option? I know we had several gateway that had heard nothing until last week but can’t remember about full admit.

3 Likes

Those numbers are for Fall 2020…meaning that is who applied for THAT semester, not for this year. The numbers for the 2021 school year won’t be released likely until this is all said and done.

Both Texas A&M and Texas experienced a huge increase in applicants thanks to going test optional. I would assume that the same will happen this coming year thanks to Texas going test optional.

Correct. 2020 numbers listed in order to show that @Howdy_Hopeful 55,000 and 11,000 estimates for 2021 applications/admits weren’t obscenely off-target. Especially with test optional.

4 Likes

:+1:t3:

@AggieMomhelp Good morning, Should I be worried that my son still doesn’t have access to housing after getting the 6tabs on Friday? Went in this morning and still gives a Logon to StarRez Portal failed. :worried:
Did I jump the gun in telling my son he was in?!?!

Same here for us as well. Did the status change? Ours AIS shows Blinn now. But status has not changed yet

No, still says “you are being considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn”

If I never got the notification asking about the option of TEAM/ waitlist does that mean I don’t have a chance of getting blinn team?

We got 6 tabs yesterday morning after getting options on Thurs

1 Like

In Howdy go to degree planner and in undergraduate degree planner you would see the changes. So I assume that means it’s positive

1 Like

@aggiemomhelp - i had a similar question. does accepting TEAM and registering for NSC mean that she’s committed to TAMU? We’re in the same boat in that we’re still waiting to hear from 2 other schools. Of those she’s been accepted to, TAMU is definitely at the top of her list so I’d hate for my daughter to lose her spot if she doesn’t accept TEAM. Any help is appreciated.

Most colleges you can back out by May 1st. You may lose a portion of your housing deposit or if NSC is refundable or not. I think you are okay to be proactive and hold your spot until you know for sure from the other schools.

2 Likes

Same here. It did’t change yet, but I hope it will change in 1 or 2 days.

1 Like

Same status here as you guys. TEAB status, but an error trying to log into housing portal. Hopefully a positive change will happen this week!

1 Like

How do we go to the Housing Portal? Is it throw the Howdy Portal?

@atx888 accepting/scheduling NSC at A&M is the student committing to A&M…but you can always decide just not to go. There is a non-refundable NSC fee, but tuition isn’t due until August, so you would just be out the NSC fee.
As far as Housing, the $75 Housing app fee is also non-refundable. If your student goes thru Housing selection, just make sure to cancel Housing contract prior to May 1; hefty fees for canceling Housing start May 1, and increase the longer you wait to cancel.

1 Like