TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

So are we saying that TAMU is starting to release Holistic Review Decisions!?!?Yay?

And the nervousness just went up up a level or two!

And I don’t mean to be a stick in the mud, but does anyone know what the AIS reads if you are not admitted? Just Declined? And do they release the declined decisions out all at the same time or rolled in with the admits?

Do we still expect the coveted 6 tab change as a precursor to a decision?

Yep @AGmomx2 I was named National Hispanic and yes it does @labegg . I’m honestly super surprised that I’m one of the first to know. Also glad that I was put in engineering XD.

@labegg based on the threads from last year, it looks like anything but full admit won’t come out until Feb/Mar time frame when they release the last of the admits, Gateway, Blinn TEAM and PSA.

Yes, only full admits until the end of the application period - since you CAN update your files until that time (& many do). Decisions are NOT released all at once like some other colleges. They trickle out for many,many weeks. Keep in mind TAMU MUST admit all top 10% TX & academic admits, so they can apply in the very last hour of applications being open-which has been extended til January. Very few review admits will get decisions prior to the end of the application period, that does not mean anything for those who do not hear. TAMU continues to release all types of decisions post application deadline, it isn’t by category of admit - there will be full admits to CS in March as well as all other categories. One of my D’s friends was one of those, it happens. Good luck to all of you!

It may be because he did early decision for engineering that he found out. And congrats and whoop! So the rest of us… inhale, hold, exhale, repeat.

I live in Aggieland so if any of you coming in for information day have any questions or want suggestions on things to do, places to eat, etc, let me know. It’s kinda what I do!

I haven’t seen anyone admitted that isn’t either Mays or Engineering. As my daughter is liberal arts, I suppose I will wait.

@YourCollegeMom - We are going to Aggieland today! My son is attending SEAL this weekend and I’m going with him today and Friday. Where is a good place for us to go for dinner? We are staying at the George. Oh… and where is the best place to find some cool Aggie gear? Thanks!!

@trish02 you are going to love The George. Cool atmosphere. So basically you are staying in a prime location. In walking distance you have the canteen at the neighboring Calvary court hotel. Small menu but good. There’s also Hopdoddy (gourmet burgers), Piada (just opened so I can’t confirm how good it is), Zoes kitchen (Greek fresh), and blaze pizza (delish). Just up the road is world of beer (big variety and I have liked everything I’ve eaten there). If you go towards north gate, you can get a pretty good burger and cheese fries at the chicken! If you’re wanting more info for places to drive to, shoot me a message. I’ve got tons! Cool Aggie gear: Aggieland outfitters on university and maroon u on Holleman (also has the warehouse next door for less expensive items). Those are the best 2. And of course on campus at the Msc bookstore. That’s always fun to visit.

@YourCollegeMom Awesome!! My kiddo loves pizza, so we will have to go to Blaze Pizza for sure, and my hubs loves gourmet burgers, so Hopdoddy is a must, too!! Whoop!! We’ll check out Aggieland Outfitters and Maroon U. You are awesome! Thanks for the great info. :x

I wrote essay C and made it awesome just liked you asked.Also they advised to enter essay through AIS as it directly goes to my file and is faster.

My friend applied in September and got decision about 10 days ago.She had 1380 sat and is an international student from india applying to engineering.She also did all 3 essays.

@AGmomx2 @YourCollegeMom
I’m not sure the reason for the update of the GPAs.

But just FYI for others that might be wondering, my daughter sent a question to the admissions office via AIS and the response was that they only view the rank and GPA for the first 6 semesters.

So I’m thinking only improved test scores and supplementary documents such as LORs, resumes, and optional essays will be added to the candidate’s file.

Thanks for the advice!

@FingersCrossedAgMom Interesting. I hadn’t heard, but I guess it makes sense. Besides, most ranks go down even if GPA improves Senior year. Too many kids drop and they aren’t the ones at the top.

@FingersCrossedAgMom
Office of Admissions web page, under How to be Admitted, states for Academic Admits one of the criteria as “rank in the top quarter of their graduating class on or before the application deadline”. That defines application deadline as the ranking cut off date. Some schools may rank only after each semester, some schools rank after 9 weeks periods. And of course some don’t rank or rank only the top 10%.

The only thing with that is the new cut off is now after first semester. So I wonder if schools will have a new ranking by Jan 1st.

Application Date: Completed 10/12

AIS: 10/17

GPA and Class Rank: 33%

AP Classes: 9 (Including Calc BC and Physics 1)

ACT Composite: 31

College applied for: Dwight Look College Of Engineering

Major in that College: Civil Engineering

ECs: DECA(qualified for international competition 2x), Business Professionals of America(1x international qualifier), Habitat for Humanity, Student Council, Unicef, Red Cross, Volunteer work(Including being worship band leader for church).

Did you do all 3 essays: Yes

What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Struggles with a divorce in the middle of high school and living paycheck to paycheck with a single mother explained in essay.

In state/Out of State: In State

Current Status on AIS: Under review.

What are my chances for admission?

My son is a holistic review candidate and his Howdy Portal went to 6 tabs yesterday. From what I read this is good news and the AIS will be updated shortly. What are the next steps?

Does anyone know if admissions sorts through review applications in the order that they are received?

@MBeezie once AIS updates you should be able to pay the deposit and register for NSC. Congratulations to your son!