TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@fivsmajor An admissions officer on another forum said that a review application can be reviewed many times before receiving an admissions decision. Some may be read once and a decision is made and some can go back into the stack and be reread again and again before the decision is made.

@MBeezie Congratulations to your son! That’s so exciting! My daughter’s stats are very similar 11.5%, 1280 SAT, but a 25 ACT, now we’ll be checking AIS more often! If that’s even possible! But seriously, it’s good to hear holistic review decisions are rolling out.

@fivsmajor good question, Hope not, because my daughter applied 7/3, so hope that doesn’t mean she’s been placed in the denied pile…yikes!

@FingersCrossedAgMom I was just reading through last year’s thread and it seems that applications are not gone through in the order that they were submitted…I submitted mine in July too and I’m still waiting. I would love to hear by Christmas, but I am not holding my breath. Best of luck!

OMGosh my stomach literally did a flip when I read that you holistic review candidate’s tabs went to 6 on Friday. Super excited for you and the anxiety is so real from my applicant. Didn’t tell my applicant that the holistic accepts were starting to happen. Will you let us know when his AIS updates? Curious how long it takes from Howdy tab changes to AIS saying accept.

@MBeezie - forgot to tag you…

@PleaseGod2022 Howdy will change to 6 tabs before your AIS changes to admitted. My tabs changed and my AIS didn’t update until the next day.

Application Date: Like 9/27 maybe
GPA and Class Rank: 4.0 unweighted, 97.95 weighted (100 pt scale) 17/133 around 12%
ACT Composite: 28
SAT: 1350
College applied for: Achitechture
Major in that College: Vizualization
ECs: Section leader and uniform manager in marching band, 4-H, NHS, 47+ volunteer hrs, part time job
Did you do all 3 essays: heck yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Idk
In state/Out of State: In state.
Current Status on AIS: Complete and In Review

Application Date: 11/02/2017
GPA and Class Rank: 3.8 Top 22%
ACT Composite: N/A
SAT: 1170 (M590/R580)

College applied for: Engineering
Major in that College: Computer Engineering
ECs: NHS, Calculus and Physics Club, Robotics, UIL Film, and Ping Pong Club (5) and 250 Service Hours

Did you do all 3 essays: Yep!
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? My leadership and communication skills.

In state/Out of State: In state
Current Status on AIS: Complete and in review

Can y’all let me know my chances of admission to the university and the college?

My son was admitted to Galveston as review candidate . . . still waiting on College Station decision. Fingers crossed.

For my son-

Application date 7/1
Class rank 28%
SAT 1430
Engineering
EC. No leadership roles but was NHS, LEO club, internship
All 3 essays
In state
Current status- complete and in review.

He vasilated between architecture and engineering. I wonder if his odds for full admit would be better if he switched to architecture. Thoughts?

@Jweed1 Major selection doesnt effect your sons admission chances to TAMU. The only thing it changes is your son getting placed into engineering review. He also has some pretty good stats thay make him a candidate for full CSTAT admission. Even engineering.

@AGmomx2 Hi there! I have noticed many posts from you on this site. Glad to hear from experienced folks that have been through the wait for TAMU. Thank you for your time! Would you mind giving me your thoughts on my D’s credentials and her chances of getting into TAMU? TIA!

When did you apply: July 1
When did you get your UIN: July 6
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet, but fingers crossed!
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: First choice: College of Science, Biology, Second choice: College of Education and Human Development, Kinesiology
Did you get in: Not yet
Class Rank: 16/119, Top 13%
GPA: 103.7 or 3.83 on 4.0 scale
ACT: Composite 27, Eng. 31, Math 26, Reading 26, Science 25
SAT: Section scores: Reading & Writing 650, Math 610 & Test scores: Reading 33, Writing 32, Math 30.5

Other info & EC activities:
NHS Officer, Treasurer
Member of Youth Leadership Program with her high school, volunteer work
UIL, Computer Apps., district
Calculus, Biology, Computer Science AP courses, English & Social Science dual credit courses
High school volleyball team member 4 yrs., named All-District & Academic All-District, First Team last year
National club volleyball team member 4 yrs.
High school track team member, school record holder 4x200 meter relay, sophomore year & progressed to regional finals in track, freshman & sophomore years
Ran in the Texas Relays, Austin, freshman & sophomore
Fellowship of Christian Athletes member 4 yrs.
Youth Ministry member 3 yrs
Salvation Army volunteer
Church vacation bible school volunteer
Church mission trip, Street Reach, Memphis, TN

@Evon1254. Thanks and congratulations on your acceptance.

New to this forum. Im a non auto admit and sent my application two days ago. I was wondering how long it took some of you guys to be accepted. Thanks

@ComplexX if you’re holistic review most have not found out unless they went engineering. I have only seen 1 person say they were accepted as review candidate. Expect to hear back as early as December and late as February.

@YourCollegeMom My applicant and I are attending Aggieland Info Day on 11/20. She is a holistic review candidate. Also doing on campus housing and off campus housing tours in hopes that we have a plan when (if…) her acceptance comes through so we can JUMP on housing application!

@PleaseGod2022 that’s awesome. If you have any questions about off campus housing, let me know. Also if you want suggestions on where to eat and stay while you’re here.

@YourCollegeMom , we’re going to be visiting TAMU in January. We’ll be staying in Waco to attend a Baylor event, but will make a day trip to College Station on a Sunday. Can you recommend a nice place in town for lunch? Thanks!

@kcheves yes indeed!
For brunch to lunch foods (market to table fresh) we have First Watch. Super close to campus on Texas ave near university Dr.

Also, we have an area called Century Square. It’s located on University across from Bonfire Memorial. It has several yummy places. Hopdoddy (gourmet burgers): Piada (Italian street food-i have not eaten here yet): Zoe’s Kitchen (Mediterranean type food/sandwiches/salads) very yummy: and Blaze pizza (build your own basically and very good).

There’s also Mad Taco which has gourmet street type tacos (great queso). Located right off University by the new Embassy Suites. And Torchys tacos (right across from campus on Texas Ave).

And now I’m hungry. Lol