TAMU Transfer Fall 2018

Just got accepted into Mays for Fall of 2018: 3.76 gpa in transfer audit and all required and recommended courses complete

He just got accepted into Mays. 3.8 GPA and all required transfer courses complete. WHOOP!

What are these tabs I suppose to be looking for? My audit was done at 8:46 last night.

Anyone transferring into the Ag department heard anything?

@HollyFay when did he apply? Im also applying to Mays with a 3.8 GPA and all required course work complete but have not heard anything yet

He applied on 1/1, the day the application opened. His audit was completed within a week of that and then we just played the waiting game until his tabs changed yesterday. Then this morning we could see that he had the choice for upper level business courses. A couple of hours later it changed to Admitted.

The three new tabs are My Finances, Student Life, and My Records. You’ll already have Home, My Aaplication, and My Howdy.

Just also got admitted into Mays Business School with a 4.0 and all recommended courses completed. Congratulations to everyone!! See you in Aggieland!! Gig Em’!

My application is in process right now. The audit went through last night. I have two pre recs that I will finish in May. An admissions counselor told me since my major isn’t a sought after one that they may go ahead and admit me.

My Stats:

GPA: 3.41
Hours 41
Education EC-6 is my major.

@PotentialAg my daughter got accepted into the ag department. What are you stats? Is everything complete? They are one of the last departments to send decisions.

3.5 gpa
Enrolled in 1412 chem, which is the last required course I need.

Have 66 hours.
Applied feb 9th
Application went into review status the 22nd.

@PotentialAg you should be good. They may defer you for spring grades if you are currently taking the last class. Just double check that they verify you as core complete once you finish it. You may call your advisor and check with them. Fingers crossed, but your stats are good :slight_smile:

I only see three tabs, but I can look at housing for some reason.

@annabananalm Is it possible for them to accept you without the required course work completed? I thought they were strict with that. I’m wondering the same thing for myself considering I am finishing up two required classes for Kinesiology. Does anyone know if that is a very competitive major?

@HollyFay @papa1998 I was wondering if an email was sent to you prior to you noticing your six tabs appear. Secondly, if the tabs appeared before or after the hours of admission (8 am to 5 pm).

@papa1998 do you know what day you submitted everything to TAMU and the days where it was all processed?

I really have no idea, but I have been told 3 different things regarding admissions for transfer.

@giraffe3478 No email was sent. The tabs appeared on Monday afternoon and then they converted to an acceptance Tuesday midday.

I just got my transfer audit. It took forever!
Waiting and waiting!!

I don’t know of anyone accepted outright without all the required classwork. This is only my experience, though. My son was deferred for Spring grades(one required class remaining) and then accepted once they were sent. We sent them the first day they came out on May 12th and he was accepted on May 30th last year. I believe the true timeline depends on your specific department.