TCU Class of 2025 — Admissions Date: by April 1

Thank you so much for sharing! I will decide whether to contact them soon, but I do not think they will give me more (like they gave you) since I already have a scholarship and they did not give you anything to start out with. It is nice to know that they gave you all the “Purple and White” scholarship—it is good to know that they care! Your info was extremely helpful, and I wish your daughter all the best!

1 Like

We are in the same boat. Son received Founders but right at the edge of TCU. We asked for a merit scholarship reconsideration and his admissions counselor filled out a form. Supposed to hear back soon. We had included other scholarship letters from schools comparable that made it cheaper so hoping for a little more help.

TCU Honors College decisions are due out on Jan 31 (EA and ED). What is the chance they will be notified today?

My daughter just checked her portal and received her invitation to join the Honors program. She is so excited!

1 Like

My daughter was also invited to join the Honors College! Wish they’d throw some additional $$ at that designation, though -

2 Likes

My son also was invited to join the Honors College! I wish they would add more money as well and he might go!

2 Likes

D admitted honors as well - exciting!

1 Like

Just found out I was accepted into the honors college too! Go Frogs!!!

2 Likes

Daughter just got deferred decision for the honors college and is very disappointed. We are quite surprised and very unsure of what was lacking. She has 4.0 uw and will be valedictorian of the largest high school in Louisiana. She holds several offices and is in both the gifted and talented program as well as the talented arts program for drawing. She is a varsity tennis player and would be a 3rd generation legacy at tcu with her grandfather having received the distinguished alumnus of the year honor. All classes were ap or gifted where applicable. Several classmates with lesser academic distinction were both accepted. Very frustrating as she is also looking at baylor, and being a horned frog alum, not sure I could take dropping my daughter off in waco!

Feeling like we made a mistake not submitting the act scores (32)

Our admissions counselor said that the Honors program considers the essays heavily. However, she said there are pathways for reconsideration, so I’d reach out to your daughter’s admission counselor.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I would love to do that, but I haven’t been able to find our admissions counselor with a search warrant. I left at least 6 voicemails and sent multiple emails over the spring and summer with no response so I finally gave up

I’m so sorry - I wish I could just transfer my daughter’s Honors College offer to you! TCU gave my daughter a very nice merit scholarship but peanuts in Financial Aid. Baylor gave my daughter a MUCH more generous offer, so my daughter will probably end up at Baylor, just for $$ reasons. And we have ties to neither university. My daughter would be a 4th generation Longhorn, and it looks like she didn’t get accepted there (haven’t heard for sure, but she’s heard nothing, so it doesn’t look good b/c so many acceptances were released tonight). It’s all such a subjective crap shoot, isn’t it?

For sure! The best offer she has is from trinity which we absolutely love, so maybe that is what is meant to be.

My daughter was also deferred from honors and is so disappointed. She submitted a 34 ACT, 4.63 GPA - all IB & AP classes, lots of extracurriculars, community service, and she is a thoughtful writer. Life has ups & downs for sure!

1 Like

We’re in the same boat. Grateful to be accepted to TCU Honors College, but TCU did not offer enough $ to make it economically feasible for us. It’s a great school, but my daughter is now focusing on other choices.

2 Likes

Same boat here - my daughter got the deferred decision and is disappointed. We will follow up with the admissions counselor. Thank you for the suggestion on that. I am actually relieved to hear some of you with kids that were accepted will not be taking the spot; the more that open up the better the chances. TCU is in her top 3 for sure, and the Honors College would make a big difference in that decision. Congrats to all accepted!

1 Like

That’s a bummer. They probably want your kid to do the outreach but that is probably what you mean. I’d have your kid reach out to the director.

Does anybody know when admissions decisions for Regular Decision comes out? My D applied for RD November 19th, I thought since she applied earlier for RD she would’ve gotten a decision by now…

@chevylatte7 I’m not sure. Since RD applications closed February 1, they are probably reviewing them all now, I don’t believe it is a rolling process. Campus is currently closed and classes cancelled due to the extreme weather conditions - some students and faculty off campus have power outages or frozen pipes. So there may be a delay, but I would assume like last year the decisions would come out in early to mid March.

2 Likes